Chapter 53 - The Beginning Of The End

Kat slowly opened her eyes, sore and hurt by the blow immediately. Her cheek was leaning against the dirty, cold floor of a cell she knew way too well. With difficulty, she lifted just enough to collapse to the wall, full of bruises, cuts and torn clothes. She could smell the iron taste of blood in her mouth and her dry, cracked lips. She ran a hand over her dirty face and noticed that even the smallest movements caused great pain.

She had been hit very hard... And she felt that.

She looked around but all she could see was just a small, dark, bare room. A tear dropped down her cheek, washing away the dirt.

She was trapped. It was all over.

She did not know for sure where she was but she imagined it, and it scared her to death.

She could not say how much time had passed or how much was passing but sometimes she heard steps near the door and saw the shadows... But nobody ever stopped there.

The weather was punctuated only by the pangs of pain that passed through her body when she moved or when she was hungry.

Kat lay back on the ground in the cold, and after curling up she closed her eyes. The metallic noise of the lock had forced her to reopen her eyes, revealing the imposing figure of her executioner.

The backlight shape was perfectly recognizable: tall, thin, shiny hair, with Lucille resting on the shoulder.

Negan entered the room with a cadenced step, took shelter close to Kat, and after laying Lucille on the floor, he had begun with unkind words.

<Wow sweetie, you look like shit!> he exclaimed.

<Fuck you Negan> Kat said in a barely audible voice.

<Sorry? I think I have not heard well, you should raise your voice a little> he said ironically.

<F-U-C-K Y-U-O!> Scanned Kat.

Negan burst out laughing as he used to do, then he reached out to the girl and although she had moved from his touch, he brushed her hair from her face.

<Sweetheart, they have cut you down badly, I'm sorry> he said sincerely, his face crossed by a veil of melancholy.

He looked at her for a moment, noting the state how she was reduced. Then he took her in his arms despite the protests and took her out of the cell.

Once in his room, Negan laid her in bed and ordered his men to call the doctor, bring clean clothes and food.

Kat did not know what to think anymore: certainly Negan was strange, not to say bipolar. First he locked her in the cell and then took care of her. The girl was increasingly disoriented.

<So Kat, you and I have a lot of things to talk about... Or am I wrong?> He said sitting down in the bed next to her.

<You and I have nothing to say to us>

<Ohh instead we have something to tell us honey. Mmh let's see, where can we start? Ah yes, let's start with your relationship with that pathetic loser of Rick Grimes> Spit Negan.

Kat looked at him seriously at first, then burst out laughing, visibly annoying the man.

<Why the fuck are you laughing like that? Are you crazy?>He asked annoyed.

The girl looked at him again seriously and then burst out laughing again, making tears in her eyes.

<You> Kat stammered between laughter <you're jealous> Kat replied.

Negan gritted his teeth and clenched his fists: no one had ever made fun of him like that... And the thing that had bothered him most was that Kat was right.

<Me jealous? But do you hear yourself? I have all the wives I want to fuck and why should I be jealous of you?>

<Because I'm the only one you can't have> cooled the girl.

Hit and sunk.

Negan looked at her with his eyes on fire, his heart beating in his chest like the horses' hooves on the cement, his hands were now white.

He looked away and when he rested on the girl, this time he was smiling.

<Well, since you like so much laughing, then we'll laugh. You will do something for me, whether you like it or not. Tell me what you're plotting with your lil' leader: I want to know what's happening in Alexandria>

<Forget it, I will not tell you anything>

<Oh actually you'll talk Kat... And a lot. You will explain to me every single fucking detail of what you had in mind or the beautiful blue-eyed boy will try the iron... And you will be the one to use it on him>

Kat blinked and blanched: had Carl been caught? How was it possible?

<Ahh, you're not tough now, eh? What would poor Rick say if his girlfriend burned the face to his beloved son? Well, now that we've put all the cards on the table, tell me how things are>.

Kat sighed understanding that he had no other choice: he should have told everything to Negan to save Carl.

<Fuck Negan, fuck you! Do not you dare touch Carl or I'll kill you with my own hands!>The girl screamed in rage.

<The last one who told me he was going to kill me, died with my hands around his neck...> Glacial Negan replied.

<I'm not afraid of you, Negan, you're just a pathetic bully overbearing>

<And despite all this, you still like me>

Kat looked at him disgustedly and added nothing else.

<Now that we have established that we still like each other, we can go on discussing business - said Negan ironically - so, tell me everything now>

Kat looked down and told Negan everything in the smallest details, pointing to the places, times and various parts of the plan.

She had told him everything, everything, to save Carl.

<Nice work, honey, thanks. Thanks to you the poor boy will be able to see his father, safe and sound, with his whole face. The girls will be grateful to you one day> he said, winking and laughing.

<But now stop talking about him, let's talk about the role you will have in all this. You will be the star Kat. Happy? You will be the center of everyone's attention. Your role in all this will be crucial. Would you barter your life with that of Rick and his community?>

Kat said nothing and nodded sadly, moving her head slightly.

<What a noble spirit of yours: sacrifice yourself for all those people. I will only mind not being able to see that your hot body...> said Negan, looking at her.

<Fuck you> she answered.

<I like you when you get angry> he said, running his tongue over his lips.

<But it's not the time for this now, I have to finish explaining what your role will be> Negan smiled malevolently and pleased.

_____________________

I'm super, super sorry guys (and also quite dumb) I thought I published this chapter a month ago and just yesterday I realized I'm stupid lol.

Enjoy this chapter, leave a star, a comment and see you soon!