The 'Mikael' Talk Part 1

Stella and Teddy sit in Maya's Coffee House, each with their own drink. Stella holds a cup of tea in her hands and Teddy drinks hot chocolate. Teddy is bouncing his knee, looking around the shop.

"Stop it," Stella hisses as she looks at the door. "We're fine."

"Stella, this is stupid," Teddy says. "He's not gonna come."

Stella glares at her brother. "He's our uncle. He'll be here."

Teddy huffs, leaning back in his chair. The entire plan is ridiculous. The Hales are back in town for some reunion the McCall pack had planned. Lexi and Derek were reluctant, but they shipped the whole family to California for the week.

Stella had the crazy idea to get in touch with the one family member they have not seen: their Uncle Peter. She had arranged a meeting in the middle of Beacon Hills during the pack reunion. Teddy came with her, only to keep her safe.

They sit in a small booth on the same side of the table. Teddy knows that if their parents ever found out about this, both kids would be beyond dead. And yet, he came with Stella. Maybe he'll get brownie points for caring.

Stella straightens her back as the door to the small shop opens. A man walks in, shrugging off his jacket. "Is that him?" she whispers.

The moment Teddy sees the dull blue eyes, he knows who the man is. "This was a bad idea," he mutters.

Stella steps on his foot.

The man walks over to the counter, ordering a small coffee. He saunters over to the kids, pausing at the table. "I doubt you recognize me," he says. "I'm your Uncle Peter."

Stella stares up at him, her mouth open. "Sit down," she stammers.

Peter smirks, settling in the booth. Teddy attempts to keep his glare subdued, but Peter sees right through him. "You have your mother's glare," he says. Then he looks at Stella. "You have her eyes."

Stella suppresses a smile. She takes in every detail of the man before her. Peter's eyes are wrinkled with age, his hair thinning. There is no doubt that he is still handsome for his age or that he looks younger than he should be.

"So," Peter says, clasping his hands and resting them on the table. "Why did you contact me, Stella?"

"I wanted to meet you," she replies, still awestruck.

"And you bring Mini-Derek?" Peter shifts his gaze to Teddy. The boy does nothing to hide his glare. "If you wanted to talk, you didn't need a bodyguard. I'm not going to hurt you."

"One, there is no way I'm leaving her alone with you," Teddy states. "Two, I'm sure you said that to Aunt Laura at some point too." Peter inhales sharply. "Look how that turned out."

Peter leans back, resting his coffee on the table. "It was a long time ago, Teddy. I wasn't myself."

Teddy scoffs. "Tell that to her."

Peter chuckles, his voice hollow. "Why are you in town?"

"None of your business."

Stella rolls her eyes. "He's protective, ignore him." Teddy clenches his jaw, a low growl erupting from his throat. Peter just smiles innocently. "We're back because Mom and Dad are meeting with Scott's pack."

Peter's smile falters. "Funny how I wasn't invited."

"This is ridiculous," Teddy says. "Let's go."

"No." Stella glares at him. "I want answers."

Peter leans forward. His eyebrows arch upwards in interest. "I'll answer whatever you want."

"I don't trust him," Teddy snaps. "He'll just lie."

Simple Joys | Hale [7.5] OPENOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara