Chapter 15

"Piper!" I call and wave to get the attention of my best friend. She sees me and waves back enthusiastically.

"You came! I usually don't get up early enough to come to these but Jason told me you were coming to this one and that I should meet you here. Why didn't you tell me yourself?" Piper asks when I sit down next to her on the bleachers.

"Percy didn't tell me about it until last night so I didn't know I was coming. I think our boyfriends are conspiring against us." I tell her. There are a fair amount of people here, I guess swim meets are a bigger thing than I thought. Next to Percy, the competing team look tiny. Percy is standing talking to Jason about whatever it is guys talk about and I have to keep myself focused on something else because he's only wearing his swim trunks.

"It's ok to ogle your man in public, you know." Piper says, shamelessly checking Jason out. Jason is a pretty attractive guy but he's not really my type. He's taller and has more muscle than Percy. I guess I prefer the lean look Percy has and that he's not too tall. She does have a point. Percy is supposed to be my boyfriend and it would look weird if I wasn't looking at him. His eyes are shining and I can tell that he's really excited about this. I've never actually seen him swim before.

"Percy took me to meet his mom last night." I say casually. Piper whips her head to look at me with her mouth open.

"Are you shitting me? I haven't even met Jason's parents and we've been dating longer! What is she like?" Piper wants to know.

"She's very kind. Excellent cook. Percy is a total mama's boy." I giggle, which is quite unlike me.

"You are so fucking smitten! I don't think I've ever heard you giggle before. Are you going on the ski trip with him? That's next weekend." Piper asks.

"Yes, he asked me to go with him. Aren't you going with Jason?"

"Oh yay, we can all go together now! You know what happens on the ski trip...." Piper waggles her eyebrows at me and I blush. That is definitely NOT happening. Even if Percy and I were actually together.

"Not a chance in hell, Piper. That's so cheesy." I say.

"What, loosing your V card at a romantic ski lodge, in the winter, with candles and a fire going? That's what you consider cheesy?" I glance around to make sure that nobody heard that but the only people sitting close to us are two girls. Rachel and Drew. What are they even doing here?

"Look who it is." I whisper to Piper, nodding in their direction. Piper rolls her eyes.

"Hey Rachel, what are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in church with you mother? Oh wait, Satan isn't allowed in church. Never mind, carry on." Piper calls and Rachel just flips her off. She doesn't dare do anything more drastic in a public place and Piper's mom would have her nieces hind if she did do anything.

Percy smokes everyone out of the water, literally. His worst time is 2 minutes ahead of anyone else's best time. I didn't know he was that good. He waves to me when he finishes and I smile at him. Rachel gets up to leave right after he finished, which leads me to believe she was just here to watch him. Jason is last and so I stay with Piper to watch him instead of going to meet Percy. Jason comes in second and while Piper is wolf whistling, I slip away to find Percy. I round the corner and hear voices at the end of the hall. I inch closer out of curiosity and listen to what they're saying.

"...do you want, Rachel?" I recognize Percy's voice and now I'm definitely listening. Who wouldn't want to hear what their 'boyfriend' is taking about in hushed tones?

"I miss you." Rachel says.

"You can't keep calling and texting me. We've been broken up for two months." I hear Percy say and I suddenly don't want to hear anymore. It's sounds to me like he's not over his ex and I don't know why I was fooling myself. I run back down the hall and bump straight into Piper.

"Hey, what's the matter?" She asks, worried.

"I just remembered, I have to do something at home. Tell Percy I said good job. I'll see you tomorrow." I say and I rush out the door.

Getting into Thalia's car, I realize that I'm crying. I take my glasses off and wipe furiously at my eyes. Why the hell am I crying? It's not like Percy is actually my boyfriend. I don't have the right to be feeling the way I feel right now. I knew what I was getting into when I made that contract.