15

New Year's Eve approached quicker than usual and it took me a lot of convincing from Lil and Shane to got to the annual New Year's Eve party at the buzzfeed office, I didn't want to leave Pepper home alone but I finally agreed when seeing her cuddled up with Willow and Rex.

Lilly, Richard and I all climbed into an Uber and made our way to the party an hour late, which I laughed about while a little bit intoxicated. Once we got there, Shane laughed at me as I tripped over stuff.

"Shut up you don't believe in ghosts." I said, not making sense and walking past him to where I could see Keith. I could here him laughing behind me.

The party was in full swing by the time it was 11:30 and I was so far from being sober. I held a glass in my hand, the contents unknown as I talked to Curly about some ideas involving alcohol.

"Yeah. I'd like to an episode of Unsolved when I'm just drunk, or we're all drunk." I said and Curly laughed, agreeing that would be very entertaining. Once I finished my cup I decided to get a top up so slowly made my way to the kitchen. Once I got there Shane came up from behind me.

"Hey." He said and I smiled at him.

"Hey there handsome." I said and he smiled and pulled me close to him, I peered at the clock behind him and watched as our co workers stared at us.

"Will you be my New Years Kiss?" I asked and Shane thought. The countdown already starting.

"Hm well. I guess I'll have to think about it." He said and before he could even take a deep breathe, I smashed my lips on his own, the countdown ending and people cheering. I was in my own little bubble, happily kissing a man I loved and hopefully had a future with.

"Happy New Years Bub." I sang and he just grinned.

"Happy New Years Ivy." He said and kissed me again. The rest of the night was spent with stolen kisses and questions from our co workers at how long we've been dating. Ryan and I also saw who could drink the most shots, the prize was a kiss from Shane. I obviously won.

But at the end of the night, everyone went home. Lilly went back to Richards, Ryan and Helen went home and so did Shane and I.

I opened the door to a happy Rex, bounding towards Shane and I. Willow followed soon after and Pepper just looked around the corner. I petted Rex and Willow on the way to Pepper who slowly but happily move towards me. I pressed a kiss to her head and smiled widely.

"Happy New Years Pep." I whispered. After kissing all my dogs and cats, I covered each of them with a blanket, put on the small light in the living room and shut the doors. I then walked up stairs to where Shane was looking through his phone and looking cosy.

"I'll drive you and Lil to the airport tomorrow's if you want." He said, looking up from his phone and I smiled, climbing in next to him.

"You don't have to love, I'm sure either Richard or an Uber would take us." I said, climbing into the bed next to him.

"No it's okay. You've gotta tell me how to take care of your kids anyways before you go." Shane reminded me and I laughed.

"Ah the joys of being a mother." I sighed and Shane just nuzzled his head into my neck where he placed soft kisses.

"You know I love you right? Like I really love you." I mumbled and he propped himself up so he looked at me.

"Of course I do, Ivy. I love you too." He spoke, his words were delicate and true. I smiled widely and crashed our lips together. And that, was the best night ever.

***

Liked by 58,297Spookylas_: Happy New Years from both Shane and I

Liked by 58,297
Spookylas_: Happy New Years from both Shane and I. Last year was really tricky for me, something ended in my life that caused me a lot of pain and anxiety, which I still suffer from to this day. But I'm so glad it's over, last year I wasn't myself, I was a shell of a girl I once knew. That was until we went to London to film for Unsolved and I grew to love the sceptical giant. This post is really an appreciation post for Shane, the love of my life and the light at the end of the dark tunnel, no matter how shit things got, you were always there for me. Here's to this ear and hopefully many more. I love you bub 💛

Tagged: Shanemadej

View all comments

Username 1: I love this for us

Username 2: fucking called it

Username 3: my heart is so whole, this shit is so cute

Shanemadej: What a sap. Love you 💛
|
Username 4: ^my heart??? Gone