40

Our house was filled with people, our friends and friends of theirs were all talking in random places, laughing or smiling, some were even staring blankly into the abyss. Shane and I had gotten back from Disney work only a few hours ago, only to be met with a surprise party that Ryan and Ivy set up. It was definitely a surprise.

"Hey Ivy, how are you feeling?" A voice came from behind me and I smiled and turned around to see Eugene, I hugged him and he laughed.

"I'm doing great, a bit confused but I'm okay." I nodded and he smiled.

"I'm glad, since you've been back I can tell you're getting back to you're old self." He said and I nodded, after a while, Eugene left to go get Zach, who was laying on the ground playing with Pep. I made my way outside and sat on the picnic bench we had in the garden. I stared up at the clear sky with a peaceful smile.

"What're you doing out here?" Shane asked sitting next to me, I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on my own.

"You know I've been living in California for almost 4 years now and it's weird because I now see this place as home. But now, I realised that if you weren't in my life anymore it wouldn't be home. Because you are home to me." I whispered and Shane sat up straight.

"That was beautiful, Ivy." He smiled and I smiled back at him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Shane, can I ask you a question?" I said looking him in the eye.

"You already did." He winked and I rolled my eyes, pushing him a little. "Go for it." He smirked and I nodded.

"If I asked you if you maybe wanted to get an apartment together. What would you say?" I asked and he looked at me quickly, a look of wonder in his eyes.

"I'd say yes." He said in amazement and I smiled at him.

"Shane, do you want to get an apartment together?" I asked and he nodded and smiled, jumping up and pulling me into a hug.

"Of course I do." He said and I hugged him tighter. But the sound of disturbance coming from the house-made us both pull apart. The sound of shattering glass sent shivers down my spine as I ran in quickly, to see a broken window and Connor and Lily staring each other down.

"What's going on?" I said through tears as Shane stood in front of me a little, Connor turned around quickly while Lily just kept her eyes trained on him.

"I want you back, Ivy," Connor said with slurred speech and I looked at him confused, my heart beating out of my chest.

"I think you should leave," Shane said stepping fully in front of me.

"You must be Shane, I thought I would have scared you away after trashing the house," Connor said with a laugh and everyone froze, he just admitted to breaking into our house.

"Get out," I said through gritted teeth, anger fully taking over me. He looked at me with guilt in his eyes and went to reach for my hand, but before he could even go to touch me. Pepper jumped up and basically flew at him, barking rapidly as Rex followed in pursuit while Willow slowly made her way by my side. Rex and Pepper growled at Connor who held his hands up in defeat.

"I'll be back." He warmed and Lilly laughed, standing in front of him with her phone in hand and a video playing. The video of his confessing and breaking the window.

"You won't be after I show the police this video. Oh and look." She said, pointing out the window to where the flashing white and blue lights were. Two large police officers stormed into the house and took Connor away, who screamed that this wasn't fair and he hadn't done anything.

"I'm sorry that that ruined your night," I said turning to Shane who took my face in his hands and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Actually if made it better, because now you don't have to worry all the time." He said and I smirked and threw my arms around his waist, pulling him tightly towards me.

"I love you," I whispered and he chuckled.

"I love you too idiot." He said, leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss on my lips. The night moves on slowly, at one point Kieth was drinking shots like a manic and puked in the garden, Kelsey tried to do a handstand but ended up breaking our lamp and by the end of the night. Lilly, Eugene, Kieth and Zach were passed out in the living room. While Shane and i made our way up to bed.

"I just love the thought of decorating our own place, we are both artistic." I shrugged and pulled off my dress, pulling on an oversized t shirt. I jumped onto the bed and Shane pulled me close to him.

"I think living together is just my ideal way of living." Shane said and I looked up at Shane, he pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead and I sighed in content. Pepper jumped up on the bed and lay in between Shane and I, I chuckled at the dog and shook my head. "You know Ivy, I'm really proud of you for confronting Connor tonight." He said and I reached over and turned off the light.

"Maybe we'll get our happy ever after now." I chuckled and Shane just got comfy. His soft snored soon filled the room and I was left laying wide awake, content but with my thoughts running rapid. Pepper nudged me slightly and I looked dwon at her, she rested her head on my lap as I gently sat up and I smiled and petted her, glad to have her and Shane as apart of my life in the future.