No Control [S2:E16]

| April 27 | Friday Afternoon |

~ Sam's POV ~

There weren't many things that got me excited enough to wake up before noon. If not for Megan always being on my ass about being late, it was likely I wouldn't have made it this far to begin with.

But today was an exception, I thought while fumbling two to-go coffees and some balloons. I set them both down on the ground as I dug for the spare key I had secretly made to Blair and Tony's apartment.

Once the door was unlocked, I resumed what I was doing and let myself into the apartment, being sure to close and lock the door behind me.

Then, I barged into Blair's room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Blair shot up. I couldn't help but think her bed head was something serious.

"Am I in hell?" she whispered to herself.

I set my gifts down and jumped onto her bed. "My best friend is finally twenty-one, you bet your ass I'm raising hell."

"How did you even get into my house?"

"My key."

"Your... key?"

"Yeah."

"You illegally made a key to my house?!"

I bounced on her mattress. "Yes... but I brought coffee and balloons."

"That's the only reason you're not dead yet."

"Get up."

"Suck it."

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, it is your birthday..."

I pretended to try and kiss her, causing my best friend to finally laugh and push me away from her.

"Gross," she said. "Not gonna happen."

"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"What do you think?" She yawned and reached for her coffee. "It's Friday, the weekend before finals, and I'm twenty-one. I wanna get drunk!"

I laughed. "Well, lucky for you, I know a place."

Blair and I sipped on our coffees and caught up since it had been a day or two since we had last seen each other. I wasn't gonna lie, I had missed my best friend, especially with all the drama that had gone on weeks ago with Nikki and Mariah.

"So how is Jinx?" Blair asked. "Have you found another bartender?"

"Yeah, they're catching on quick. Quinton and Sara love him. Especially Quinton." I wiggled my eyebrows. "I think they might like each other."

"You're shipping a work relationship?"

"Maybe?"

"Isn't that like, not okay?"

"As long as it doesn't effect their performance," I informed. "But anyways, so Jinx tonight... What about for lunch? Have any plans?"

"No, but I'm sure you do," Blair retorted.

"Oh, I always have a plan."

* * *

On Friday nights, Jinx was the place to be, so that's exactly where I was taking Blair on her birthday.

"This is so weird," Blair said as she handed the bouncer her card. "This is the first time you didn't have to sneak me in."

The bouncer just looked at me and rolled his eyes.