Season 4: Episode 4

| March 31st | Sunday Afternoon |

~ Sam's POV ~

As I rummaged through my shirt drawer, I found an old gray t-shirt with grease stains and a cigarette burn. I pulled it on, along with an old pair of jeans I used to wear when I worked at Buddy's auto shop back in Missouri. I threw my hair up in a pony-tail before making my way out of our bedroom.

Megan sat at the dining room table and looked at me above the readers on her nose.

"Where are you going?" She took notice to my attire. "Are you going work on your car?"

"No, I'm heading to Dane's," I reminded.

The look of confusion told me she didn't remember.

"The new bartender that asked me to take a look at his car?" I continued.

"Oh yeah! Okay, sorry," she apologized sheepishly. "My heads just everywhere, right now."

I gave her a smile and leaned casually on the table. She shifted in her seat and looked up at me.

"You look really hot," I confessed.

"And you still have a thing for glasses, I see," she teased.

"I guess I do."

I brought my face down to kiss her before telling her bye.

"When do you think you'll be home?"

"I don't know." I grabbed my keys. "I think in a few hours. I'll let you know if I plan on staying longer than that."

"Okay. I love you!"

"You better," I teased from the front door. "And I love you too."

Then I was out the door and heading over to Dane's. I couldn't help but feel slightly nervous about hanging out with him outside of work, but not because I feared anything bad coming of it. I just hadn't hung out with anyone other than my work crew and my family. It didn't take me long to make it to his house at all.

He was already outside in the garage in a muscle-shirt and stained jeans. Looks like we had the same idea about attire.

"Hey Sam," he greeted as I walked up.

"Hey." I approached him to see what he was checking out under the hood. "Any luck?"

"Nope." He straightened up. "Do you want anything to drink? I'm gonna grab a water."

I figured he was inviting me inside, so I followed him out of the Florida heat and into the cool comfort of his home. At first glance, it was clear he had recently moved here, given all the boxes and crates strewn about. It wasn't until we made it to the kitchen that things seemed a bit more organized.

"I don't have any alcohol, but we've got sodas and juice and tea..." He grabbed himself a water.

"That's okay." I grabbed a coke from the fridge. "I don't drink anymore."

"Yeah, me neither. Almost three years sober."

I decide not to say anything to his confession. Has he also experienced addiction issues like me? Suddenly, we heard a clamoring in the living room that sounded urgent at first, but when we made it to the noise, we were only met with a dark-haired man who was holding a little boy.

"Sorry." The unfamiliar man apologized. "Me and Andre were just playing Godzilla destroys the city."

I looked past him and noticed toy cars and lego blocks thrown all over the room. Dane said something to him while Andre's honey-brown eyes locked on me. They were the same as Dane's. I quickly wondered if this was his son.