Chapter 6

Despite the sadness of Ramadan ending, the joy of Eid seeped into Jadwa's bones. Life felt significantly more bearable and peaceful compared to how it had been recently. Every conversation with Abdul or recollection of his words from the previous night fueled her with gratitude. Yet, a part of her trembled with nervousness, knowing he was planning to discuss marriage with his parents excitement also ran through her.

Dressed in a simple yet elegant dress and veil, she joined Ameerah, who was already waiting to leave and collect their clothes from the designer. Upon arriving at the store, adorned with modern furniture, Jadwa was initially captivated by the beauty. Her passion for architecture found itself enthralled by the intricate details of the chandeliers and the well-designed space. While impressed, she also expected such excellence from a renowned fashion designer. Escorted to a private room, they were greeted with tea and a plate of delightful desserts.

Moments later, Grace, the head designer, entered the room with a wide smile. "Good afternoon, beautiful ladies. Welcome!" she chirped as another woman wheeled in a massive, golden vintage single-pole hanger draped with clothes. Jadwa extended a friendly hand and smiled. "Jadwa, pleased to meet you" she greeted politely.

Ameerah commenced her fittings, and the clothes fit flawlessly. "Are you sure my brother will let you out looking like this?" Jadwa teased, prompting Ameerah to playfully roll her eyes and cover her face. The dresses hung beautifully on Ameerah, leaving everyone in awe. Zara and Hanan also tried on their clothes, expressing delight with most pieces. Hanan, however, expressed dislike for the beading on a particular bubu.

Unaware of the time passing, Jadwa glanced at her phone just as a message from Ahmad popped up. "Salam, Jadwa. I'm at home and have a few things to discuss. When you return, meet me in the backyard" it read.

Her gaze fixated on the message. All she desired was to fly home immediately to hear what the conversation was about. It appeared serious, piquing her curiosity immensely.

"Jadwa, come on, try your clothes on, let's leave. It's getting late," Ameerah urged. However, the last thing on Jadwa's mind was trying on clothes. "I honestly have a terrible headache right now and feel lightheaded. I'll just take my outfit home and send it back if there are any issues" she murmured, hoping they wouldn't press the matter.

Hanan, understanding her situation, nodded and stood up, followed by the others. "Alright, thank you very much, Grace" they expressed their gratitude as the designer escorted them out. As they reached the car, the girls continued to admire and praise Grace's exquisite work, declaring they'd found the perfect place to have their clothes made.

Upon reaching home, Jadwa excused herself for fresh air and swiftly made her way to the backyard. Her eyes met Ahmad's, who looked up from their conversation and smiled, gesturing for her to sit opposite him in the pergola.

"How are you, Jadu?" he inquired cheerfully.

"I'm doing well, but why are you so happy? I thought there was something serious," she admitted with a nervous laugh.

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Why would it be? Did you do something wrong again?"

"No, but I literally skipped my fittings to rush back here because of you" she groaned playfully, drawing another chuckle from him.

"In my defense, I never said it was Jadu," he clarified with a playful laugh.

"Well, please tell me what's going on" she persisted, folding her arms.