Chapter 16

VOTE, SHARE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW MAYAAAWRITES ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE UPDATES.

Returning home, she followed her nightly routine. She slipped into a simple dress before heading straight to the kitchen. There, she turned on the stove to prepare tea, opting for caramel chai. As the milk began to warm, the sound of the door opening seized her attention.

Muhammad Imran entered,  she hadn't seen him  in the house for a long time. Dressed in sweatpants and a black shirt, he balanced a large box in one hand and a transparent one on top of it.

She turned her gaze back to the pot, lowering the heat to prevent the milk from spilling. With a smile, she greeted him, "Ina yini (good evening)."

"Lafiya, how are you?" he inquired.

"I'm good. How are you?" she responded.

"Alhamdulillah," he answered, placing the boxes on the counter.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm just making some tea" she replied. He nodded.

"Have it with this" he said.

"Is Ameerah already giving you all a hard time with her cravings?" she questioned, eyeing the array of desserts in the boxes.

"Not yet" he replied with a small smile, gesturing for her to come closer.

As she approached, she looked into the huge horizontal tray, seeing the tiramisu nestled within. Spotting the imprint of the restaurant's name in Japanese, she couldn't help but laugh in disbelief. "What's this for? Are we having a party?" she asked genuinely.

"No" he shook his head with a grin. "I went to the restaurant today and thought I should drop these off for you. You and Hanan seemed to really like it."

"Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, showing appreciation. "But this is too much, even for all of us" she added with a shy smile wondering how he got them to make such a huge tray.

He shrugged, and she shook her head in disbelief. "Have some" he offered.

"I can wait for everyone" she insisted.

"It's for you first. Come on" he encouraged.

"Okay, I'll just try this" she agreed, opening the transparent dessert box and selecting the first rosé raspberry vanilla donut. As she served herself, she admired how beautifully they were decorated.

"Which one would you like?" she asked, but he waved it off.

"You can't not have anything," she insisted, making him raise a brow.

"Seriously, I'm sure it'll be great with some tea" she urged.

"Okay" he agreed.

She poured him tea in a cup and handed it to him. She hopped onto the counter while he leaned by the door, taking a sip of the tea.

With her headband on, she moved her hair back and sipped her tea. He stared at her, wanting to talk but content to keep staring at her face.

Feeling his gaze, she looked up. He didn't look away. Instead, he asked, "What are you studying?"

"I studied architecture, but I started an MBA recently" she answered, looking away.