05 • Darkness

A/N: you guys need to chill the hell out --

Eventually Shuichi got up. The doorbell rang a out ten times per second, bringing back some memories of when he was in college with Kaito. Shuichi shuffled over rubbing his eyes in a halve tired motion, opening the door at the same moment he peered out. Of course, Kaitos grinning face was the first thing to greet him.

"Yo! Shuichi!"

"K-Kaito? What are you doing here?"

Shuichi mumbled in surprise, somewhat leaning against the door for support. Kaito studied him, before moving into his dorm room.

"Soo I've started a sleepover in my house. Ive gathered up some of the old gang, Kaede, Maki and Keebo. Everyone else was busy. Doin' stuff."

Kaito rubbed the back of his head somewhat, turning back around to Shuichi as he closed the door.

"Sleepover? Kaito, I... I can't. I have to track down the supreme leader. Its my fault he got away."

Shuichi admitted, pure tiredness filling in his voice. Kaito took note of this, shifting towards the detective. Kaito released his hand on Shuichis shoulder with a grandly warm smile, staring him directly in the eye.

"Hey. Shuichi. Dont beat yourself up over it. You tired you best, instead of slouching around and doing nothing. Youre doing great, Shuichi. But, you need a break. You can't overwork yourself like this, man! Are you in, Shuichi?"

Kaito's warm smile remained, spread across his features. Shuichi analyzed his friends smiling face, before letting out a sigh. He returned the smile softly, before nodding.

"I don't feel like you'll let me go that easily, Kaito. Do I really have a choice?"

Shuichi asked, as Kaito shifted back with a victorious grin. It always surprised him- how someone could smile so brightly all the time. How they could be so positive, even if they land at rock bottom. Then again, the only way to go then is up.

"Not at all, Bro! Now, lets pack up your stuff! Everyones waiting on you!"

Kaito replied, his purple eyes scanning his house. Shuichi let out a soft chuckle, admitting silently to himself defeat.

"How many days?"

Shuichi asked, as he began to lead himself to own room. Kaito trailed behind, as he thought about the answer.

"Eehh.. I didnt think that far ahead. I dunno, around, like, 3 days? Something like that."

Kaito mumbled as Shuichi opened his rooms door, flicking the light on. His room consisted on a dark wooden floor, a oak desk against the light grey wall. His bed, was next to the window, the moonlights dull beams illuminating his dark bed covers. His work on the case was scattered against the desks surface, a single pair of shoes against the door of the closet, as if it would keep the monsters from sucking his toes while he slept.

"Shuichi, go fetch yourself a bag! Ill sort through your clothes, 'Kay?"

Kaito suggested, already moving towards the shoe-barricaded closet. Shuichi smiled once more, before agreeing.