016 • Miss me?

Shuichi stared at the dropped gun that clattered against the ground. His breath was caught in his throat, his glance shifting up to what was currently happening. The female who had held Kokichi at gunpoint- was now pressed against the wall but the familiar brown haired female. Af had wrapped himself around Kokichi, shielding him from harm, but was perhaps a touch late. "Maki!" Shuichi called out to the red eyed female, earning a sideways glance from her. One of her hands curled around the other females throat, her face mushed against the wall, making it unable that she could speak or scream out. Blood trickled down her nose- most likely broken from the impact of the wall. And as he remembered- Maki could move quickly with mind blowing speeds. After a mere couple of seconds, Maki had dropped the now unconscious female onto the ground with a quiet thud. Maki assessed the three males, her glance flickering in annoyance. "You're all stupid." She stated coldly, shaking her head in mere pity. Maki studied the scenario, as Af unwinded his arms from around the purple haired make. Shuichi rolled onto his feet, using the wall to help him move. Kokichi- had blood trickling down his arms- his gaze distance and wide open. Shuichi stumbled forward, crouching down infromt of the male. Raising his hands, he tiredly touched either side of his face.

"Kokichi, Hey, Kokichi.." Shuichi mumbled, attempting to get the males attention. His dark purple eyes snapped into Shuichis grey ones- an uneasy smile spreading across his scowling face. "Neehee... Shumai~!" Kokichi stated, his purple eyes puffing up. "You do care about me~! And after all this time I thought-"

"Rat boy. Shut the hell up." Makis cold voice cut through the air, Shuichis glance shifting back to meet the eyes of the assassin. Rat boy wasn't a nice nickname- didn't Maki like him? She must at least have a touch of respect for him, at the very least. "Rat boy? Ow! That's so rude Maki~! Talking to your supreme leader like that..!" Kokichi wailed out, crocodile tears pouring from his eyes. Shuichi, on the other hand wasn't all convinced that they were only fake tears.

"We have to comtinue moving forward. I don't know who else is still here." Maki commented further, crouching down as he slid her arms under Shuichi. Shuichi gave out a slight sound of surprise as Maki had lifted him from the ground. "Your both injured, so don't even think about moving." Maki turned her back on the two D.I.C.E members, Kokichistaring up at the female as she began to carry away his Shumai.

Af picked Kokichi up, cradling him like a baby, following out behind the assassin and detective. Surprisingly, Kokichi was silent. Deep in thought, Kokichi narrowed his eyes. It was too close- he didn't like it. Shuichi was in danger here- not him. If he hadn't gotten involved with the detective- he would most likely be at home watching that show with the girls fighting bears. Kokichi glanced up at the back of the assassin silently. He didn't think Shuichi liked that stuff, anyways.

Kokichi ignored the touches of pain running up and down through his arm, resting his head against Af. What an adventure. Surely, a new day would come. Then another. This would be in the past- a distant memory of the bad in the world. God, Christians are scary.

(*Angie laughs in the background.*)

A cold rush of air hit Kokichi in the face, causing his eyes to lash open. He slid a glance around, his eyes adjusting to the dark touches of the world. Kokichi noticed the other figures appearing out in the dark- which Maki had stiffened up to. It was only other members of D.I.C.E- who had came out of the building a while ago. One of them- was Rantaro.

The green haired male shifted forward, his eyebrows raising up. He was still in disguise- the wig hanging on his shoulder. "What happened?" Rantaro asked, despite him having a good idea of what happened. Kokichi opened his mouth to answer- but the sound of cars against the road alerted everyone.

"Who's coming?" Kokichi asked with a rather high voice, the air around him becoming tense. "It's.. The sound of Kirigiris car.." Shuichi commented out, his voice filled with relief. "She figured out my message.. " Shuichi added, a wave of happiness washing over him. Silence hanged heavily in the air, until Shuichi became alert. Maki helped him stand up on the ground, letting him go. Shuichi limped around, facing Kokichi with wide eyes. "If.. Kirigiri.."

Kokichi shook his head, a grin spreading across his face. "Neehee.. She'll have to catch us first, Shumai!" Kokichi exhaled into the night, Af exchanging Kokichi with Rantaro. Shuichi stared at the male in disbelief, his eyebrows shifting together. "You're going to.." ".. Run! The game isn't over until the supreme leader cries!" Kokichi bellowed, as the organization turned away. The group's white clothes were eventually swallowed by the dark, leaving Shuichi and Maki wide eyed.

Shuichi leaned against Maki, staggering down and causing the female to catch him and support him. She lowered him to the ground, the car stopping right infront of them. Shuichis vision blurred, a wave of lavender purple hair exploding out of the black car. Other white cars flashed up, red and blue lights blaring as the sirens cried out into the night. A soft voice ushered Shuichi, calming him down. Other voices began to fill the air, shouts and yells exploding instantly. Pairs of arms lifting him from the ground and onto a soft, bed like ground. He began to move, the night sky filling his blurred vision. The stars twinkled brightly, shining down on the pale male. Kaito would like this night- it was clear. Bright. Luminous.

The night was replaced with a white roof, two figures, one with dark hair and the other with purple, stuck to his side the entire time. Shuichi noticed the movement underneath him, his breathing shaking as the voices continued to whisper. Could he finally sleep? Shuichi wasn't aware of the machines he had been hooked up to in the ambulance, his eyes flickering close as his blinks became longer. Shuichi closed his sore and heavy eyes, his final thought disappearing form his mind in a whisp.

'But you've already cried, Kokichi.'