C̸͛̕ẖ̷̛̣͙̊̈́̄̇̄́͘e̵̾́͒́c̷͂k̶̑̑̆̈̊m̶͐̃̑͘a̴̓t̶͉̲̀̏͋̊̚͠͠ĕ̸́

x I'm so sorry. x

Kokichi crawled across the ground, similar to when he had broken into Shuichi's apartment. Glancing up at the hollow pale moon riding a wave of grey waves, he sucked in a silent breath. Everyone else was ready- they were only waiting for edge princess and edge-cado to start off the distraction. Kokichi stared at the dark hallway of the door, the wind softly whispering in his ears, the trees rustling against buildings as they groaned and cried out in loneliness. Kokichi, infuriated pressed his palm against his forehead with a loud 'whack!' to snap himself into action. Then- he heard the thundering of yelling sounding off into the night like a gunshot, breaking the silence and yet causing the tall looming trees and whispering chilled wind to drop dead silent. Kokichi dashed forward, his black coat following after him like a dog following its owner. Running up the creaking steps, he didn't take a moment to stop and think logically. The steps groaned and moaned under his steps, bending dangerously as he put his shoes down on the old termite eaten wood. Suddenly, a loud crash sounded through the room. Kokichi had just managed to catch himself, his leg snapping through the wood, scratching up the bare flesh with the fall. Kokichi's heart thundered loudly like a canon, his eyes wide and fearful as he remained there like a elk stuck in the beaming lights of a car. He gave out a stuffed groan, pulling himself up with the help of the stairs above him. Instead of him being lifted up, the stairs he was trying to pull himself up cracked with a snap of a whip. Kokichi gave out a rushed breath, glancing around in a panicked motion. If he pressed on the wood anymore, it will break, and he will die. 'Shit, shit shit!' He cursed in his head, biting down on his bottom lip enough to draw blood. Carefully placing his hands on the wall, he dug his nails into the old crumbling wood. His other, curled around the old rusted railing in hopes it would be strong enough to pull himself up. He pulled himself up, the wall crumbling under his hands and the railing growling in fury as it bent. 'Wow, I'm like, superman or something. I can see why this town is under renovation entirely. Who even lives here anymore?' Kokichi pulled his scratched up leg from the hole in the stairs, carefully placing his feet on the higher step above it. Once he was ready to go, he darted forward with no mercy set on his mind. Eventually he had made it to the top, cold air smashing into his sweat curled pale face. He currently didn't have his mask on- as he knew that no one would be in the room he was going to. Glancing down, he noticed how far up he was from the ground. Shaking his head, he shook the fear from his mind. Using his cape, he manoeuvred himself down to the rope connected to the other building's closed window. Gripping onto the rope with sweaty hands, he moved across with soft movements, the lanterns jiggling as he moved, swaying side to side a the rope swung wildly. Kokichi paused ever so often, stopping to let the rope relax so he could continue on. He couldn't rush this, unlike he did with the stairs. Stupid. Eventually he had reached the window, crawling onto the small windowsill once he had relaxed himself. He peered into the room, making sure no one was in there or by the window. He moved himself up, gripping onto the top of the window, bracing himself as he raised his foot. After 3 or 4 kicks, the window gave out with a exaggerated cry of help, cascading across the room. He moved into the room, his glance shifting around, before catching sight of a figure in the room.

"Long time no see."

Kokichi grinned like a madman, his dark purple eyes sparkling brightly as he made contact with the dull, grey ones. He hopped down into the room, his shoes crunching under the glass. He briefly froze, catching sight of his blood stained clothes and bounded hands. He seemed to be more pale and worn out then before, his posture slagging and slouching down like wet bread. Shuichi opened his mouth to say something as he shifted, attempting to sit up straight. Kokichi put a single finger to his mouth, telling him to be quiet. Kokichi moved forward further, his heart pounding loudly in both relief and anger. It could have been worse- yes. But he didn't deserve to be hurt. He was innocence. He didn't do nothing.

"Be quiet, Shumai. Don't waste your energy~!" Kokichi exclaimed, crouching down in front of the detective. his shaking hands curled around the detectives, his glance moving up. "Your OK now, Shuichi. I'll protect you." Kokichi's voice had entirely dropped, becoming low and soft as he spoke nothing but the truth. He stared at the males drab eyes as they stared back. Eventually, a small smile had broke out on the detectives face. Kokichi's eyes had began to gloss over, finally glad to see his detective safe from harm. He glanced down, gently grabbing his hands and pulling them to him. He shook his head, wiping his face of emotion. He couldn't cry, or waste time here. His hands moved around the rope, tugging on it and stopping once the slightest sound came from the taller males raspy throat. After moments of struggling, the rope fell onto the ground in a heap. Kokichi helped Shuichi up, allowing him to use him as support. "You know, I don't mind being a charming prince if you're the maiden in trouble Saihara~Chan~." Kokichi stated with a grin resembling a familiar purple striped cat from a wonderland of a dream. The detective didn't respond, causing Kokichi to let out a slight giggle. He glanced out the window, his brain thinking of a way to get themselves out of there. He shook his head, dragging Shuichi back to the door. Shuichi planted his feet to the ground, shaking his head. Kokichi glanced up at him, then the door.