Twenty

I pulled up in front of what was pretty much a mansion at 8:15 that night. Chelsea and I both stared with amazement at the size of the house as we got out of my car. Music was audible even from outside the house. I guess I should have expected that since this was a party and all. I looked at my phone and saw Ryan told me to meet me in the backyard and that Gabriel, Jackson, Ava and Jordan were all there already.

"Yeah, Ryan's cousin's a drug dealer," Chelsea commented. I shook my head and tried to smile, but she gripped my hand, probably sensing my nerves. "If you keep being so anxious, I might die. Relax, this is gonna be great."

"Okay," I said with a sigh, unsure of what else to say as we walked around the huge, white house.

"Alex, really, out of everything dad passed on to you, his PTSD was not one of them, so don't pass out on me." I nodded. Considering the fact that our dad did pass out and have insane panic attacks in crowded places, I was unsure if she was really joking or not. We found our friends sitting at a brown, wooden picnic table in the back.

"About time!" Ryan shouted as we walked over.

"Here," Jordan said, giving us both plastic, red cups filled with...something that smelled really strong. We both grabbed them and stared at Jordan. "Gross, you're both giving me the exact same confused look right now. Keep your weird twin shit away from me," she said with a laugh. I shook my head, and Chelsea laughed. I could hear how nervous she was, but I didn't know if anyone else picked up on it.

"What is it?" she asked. Jordan got a devious smirk on her face.

"Don't you trust me?" she asked with an innocent tone. I glanced at Ryan who shrugged. He seemed unsure. How uncharacteristic of him.

Fuck it.

I put the cup to my lips and turned it back, forcing myself to drink the entire thing. When I say I forced myself, I mean I gagged in the middle of drinking that hellish mixture that tasted like nail polish remover. Actually, it may have been. It burned my throat going down it, but I didn't stop until that stupid cup was empty.

"Holy shit, Alex," Jordan commented.

"That's what the fuck is up, Alex!" Ava yelled as I downed the liquid.

"Fuck yeah, Alex!" Gabriel shouted.

"Who even invited you, Gabriel? You're fucking twelve," I overheard Jackson comment as I brought the cup down, crushing it in my hand.

"How is it?" Chelsea asked.

"Fucking disgusting," I told her, coughing and dropping the crumpled plastic on the lawn. Jordan gave me a firm slap on the back. Chelsea sipped from her cup and scrunched up her face. Well, I warned her.

"Come on, sit down," Jordan said. We walked over to the table. Ava and Chelsea sat on one side while Jordan, Jackson, Gabriel, and Ryan sat on the other. I walked by Ryan to sit with Chelsea, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back on to his lap.

"Stop, that's gay," I said, jokingly, getting off Ryan and sitting next to Chelsea. He laughed as I sat across from him. The huge smirk on his face showed how amused he was with my reaction.

"Wait," Ava said, grabbing the cup from Chelsea. She spilled it on the grass.

"Uh, not that I'm complaining, but why did you do that?" Chelsea asked.

"Because, you're a girl. You shouldn't drink something so strong. You might pass out," Ava explained.

"Why's it matter if she passes out?" Jackson asked.

"A drunk girl passed out at a party with guys looking to get laid sounds like something good to you?" Gabriel asked.

"Sounds like a great night," Jackson joked.

"You're fucked up," Ryan said.

"Relax, I'm kidding," he replied.

"I bet Alex is gonna pass out," Jordan said, changing topics, smoothly.

"I bet I won't," I protested.

"You think when the alcohol kicks in on you you'll finally tell us who your boyfriend is?" Ava asked, nudging me.

"I just might," I teased. Ryan smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"I'm, personally, looking forward to that," he remarked. God, I wanted to kiss him so bad.

We all continued talking happily for about another ten minutes. When the conversation began to die down, we waited for someone to say something.

"Wait, everyone follow me," Gabriel said, standing up. We all got up and followed him inside without any hesitation. As we were walking, I gasped when I felt a hand on my back. I saw Ryan walking next to me and smiled.

I dragged my feet until all of our friends were a few steps in front of us then turned to face Ryan. We both stopped walking, and I grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him close to me. I placed a quick kiss on his lips and let go of him. My heart felt full for just a moment.

"Having fun?" Ryan asked with a smirk. I smiled slightly and nodded.

"I'd be having even more fun if I could get you to myself," I said with a smile. Ryan pressed his lips to mine, arms sliding around my body and pressing mine against his. I inhaled deeply, tightly squeezing his shoulders and keeping him close. My heart burst out of my chest, and I was on cloud nine.

Ryan moved his head back slightly. His lips drifted away from mine, and I opened my eyes just to be met with his dark, hazel ones.

"I'd love to just be with you, but I think that'd be suspicious, don't you?" he asked with a cocky smirk. I shrugged and nodded.

"Fine, I guess. Let's go," I said, moving away from him and looking for our friends in the massive sea of sweaty teens.