A New Emotion

Linnea's Point of View

Well, it's been a few weeks since she found out. It hurt so much to see that pain in her eyes. I don't know what to do now. We have a personal doctor come to our house every now and then to check on me personally, so it isn't that bad, but I still feel terrified whenever they get near me. At least I don't have to go to the worst place ever, the Hospital.

I was on the internet trying to get away from reality and it's standards and having to hide away. As I searched around I found Anime, (a style of Japanese film and television animation). It seemed interesting. As I began watching random series that were recommended, I became captivated. There was so much courage and a will of fire that would never go out. I loved the underdog stories of people fighting for things much greater than themselves. I loved every aspect. It rekindle that spark I had. I wanted to become a hero again!

This time in secret the fire burned brighter than ever before. As it consumed my time, I felt myself being happy. I had a goal to save and protect and I was going to accomplish it. Tales of friendship... and MAGIC! I wanted to use my powers despite anything! I was going to do something more than just myself. Other than my sister, Anime was the only thing keeping my hopes up.

I introduced this new domain to my sister. She was so sad before and now I see her eyes light up and her smile bright again. I knew our bonds were just getting started! We were about to go on the adventure of a lifetime!

Livie's Point of View

Everything changed faster than I could have expected! In a good way. Linnea has finally softened that tense feeling and has showed me Anime!

This is like an entire world in itself. Here I can escape the society telling me what to be. Here I am anyone I want to be. She brought me back to the light and now I want to be a hero again!

The most recent one we are currently watching is called Case Closed or Detective Conan. She knows how much I love mystery and this Anime brings all of that. I love it!

We have only gone through the first few episodes and already I am captivated by the intense plotline.

I mean a high school detective Jimmy Kudo, or Shinichi Kudo, is at an amusement park with his childhood friend and suddenly gets stuck in a case even bigger for him to handle. He is involved with the notorious Black Organization. Upon hearing a shady deal taking place at the park he goes to investigate and is ambushed in the back and is forced to take a pill, shrinking him 10 years in the past and now a 17 year old is a 7 year old child!

He takes up the alias of Conan Edogawa. You know he came up with that name because of the writer of Sherlock Homes, Conan Doyle. Man, I am so smart!

He lives with Ran his childhood friend and her father as a child pretending his parents are overseas or some lame excuse. And solves every case that comes their way in order to get closer to the organization and find a way to bring back his original body. He meets the kinda good thief Kaitou Kid, which I think he is still a dummy! I mean I don't even get why he steals in the first place, and so flashy! Is he trying to get caught. Come on Conan you can catch that thief! While Linnea is so captivated by the thief the detective is who I root for!

We both really enjoy this Anime, it has over 1000 episodes and like 22 movies! We have only gotten through the first, I don't know 100ish episodes, but I really love the suspense. That night after reaching episode 100 where Conan pretty much saves Ran from dying in a fire it was already night. We headed to bed and went to sleep, with thoughts of Case Closed.