5. Six On A Quest

Hey Everyone! Just thought I'd tell you about the random book quotes at the beginning of each part. They don't have anything to do with the story, they are just there for you to see what I find interesting in current books I'm reading outside Wattpad :)

Book Quote

"Falling in love could be achieved in a a single word - a glance." - Atonement, Ian McEwan

__________________________________________________________________________

  Celia, Jack, Martyn and Adrian are quite frantic as they get ready for their quest while Ella is nowhere to be seen.

  Tina doesn't like work and decides to do as little help as possible. If anyone made her do work, all she needed to do was threaten to tell the other islanders.

  "Why do you want it to kept so quiet anyway?" Tina asks as everyone stuffs back packs with food, lighters and tents.

  "We can't get the islanders' hopes up," Jack explains.

  "They would all be counting on us and we just can't have that pressure put on us," Martyn sounds quite serious for once.

  Ella decides she will help, but one thing has to be done before she leaves.

  "Do we have any paint anywhere?" Ella asks the three boys as they pack.

  They are very focused on their mission and don't even glance at Ella. Luckily, they don't ask why she needs the paint. She gets an answer instantly.

  "In the shed behind cabin two, it's in a blue box. Take what you like," Martyn responds quickly.

  Ella smiles at how well everything is going and rushes to the shed at the back of cabin two. When she gets there, all sorts of rubbish fills the small space. Two surf boards, plenty of books, paper and pencils, beautiful paintings in frames and more. This is where all the entertainment is.

  She scans the room for a bright blue box and finds it easily. A part of her wants to stay and look at everything there, but she needed to get her plan done before she leaves for the blue liquid.

  When she has the fairly big blue box firmly in her hands, she kicks the door open, creating a creak and walks out.

  Without worrying if she will get noticed or not, she heads towards cabin 26 so she can see how Henry is doing.

  Before she enters, she knocks the door. "It's Ella, the girl who took you out of prison."

  Without expecting a response, Ella enters to find Henry sitting on his bed in silence. A part of him looks silently more relaxed, but he is still silently distraught.

  "I know you don't like the outside, so I got some paint to keep you amused," Ella places the box on the bed. Henry kneels on the bed and peers into the box.

  "Look here," Ella gets out the bottles of acrylic paint and squeezes the colours onto the pallet. She doesn't bother using water. Henry, curious as a child, places his finger in the little dab of green paint. Ella grabs a paint brush and dips it into the green. "All you need to do is draw shapes on the walls."

  Ella draws a circle, then adds two dots and a curved line which creates a smiley face. Henry tilts his head at the image then sits back on the bed, curled in a ball.

  Ella is fully aware of how much trouble she will get in for wasting the paint and painting the walls of the cabins, but she doesn't care. Jack doesn't seem to be punishing her and she chooses to risk punishment once again.