8. The Threat

The next morning, everyone wakes up gently and gathers round the fire eating some cereal. They discuss where they will search for the day, When they finish, they enter their tents and get changed and packed.

  "Right, we need to take down the tents and wash out the bowls," Jack explains while looking round the area. "Hey Martyn!" Martyn comes over. "You can wash out the bowls in the river."

  Martyn looks at the bowls piled up beside the log then back at Jack. "Why me though?"

  "What do you mean? It's not a a hard job," Jack responds.

  "What are you guys doing?" Martyn asks.

  "Taking down the tent. What's up with you today? Wake up the wrong side of the sleeping bag? Just go ahead and do it," Jack points his thumb at the river and helps the others pack away the tent.

  Martyn takes a look at the others and turns away with the bowls, ready to rinse them in the river.

  When everyone has packed everything away, they place their back packs on their shoulders, ready for the day. Suddenly, the sound of a helicopter can be heard.

  "That's the organisation! They're coming back!" Ethan yells pointing at the helicopter.

  "We need to return, we made a promise to Adrian that we would!" Jack announces.

  Without any protests, the group rush to the beach which was nearest to the vehicles and boats. They stand and watch as one of the men emerge from the boats. Other islanders come out from the woods and watch the scene.

  It was hard to tell who he was from a distance but they could tell he was very tall. He stood with his shoulders broad, demanding respect.

  "That's Sir Parton. He's the leader my brother is trying to assassinate," Ethan whispers to Jack. Jack nods but doesn't look at him, he just stares at the boats.

  "Islanders!" Parton's voice is loud and clear so no microphone is required. "You have failed to meet our request; killing Elliot Yates."

  The group turn to Ethan, they know that Parton is referring to him.

  "We really need his dead body and would like for you to carry out the execution. If not, we should drop a bomb on the island and kill you all. He is garanteed to be dead."

  Ella stares at Parton as he shares his threat. Did she even hear him right?

  "I'll give you exactly 5 days. We will leave you alone and visit then. I hope you have come to your senses. Good day," Parton's speech is finished and he leaves with the other members of the organisation.

  There is silence at the news thrown at the group for a second. Then Jack turns round and heads back to the centre where the cabins are. The crowd follow behind until they reach the front of the large cabin.

  "Get rid of him!" one member of the crowd yells. The rest yell similar things. Jack stands in a panic and turns to Ethan. Could he give the command? He had the power to.

  "Wait!" Tina screams. She shoves through the crowd and comes up to the front. "We can't just kill him for our own lives! It's like killing that guy just so the rest can survive!" Tina points at a random member of the crowd.

  "She's right, he could be innocent," Ella steps in.

  "Exactly! Wouldn't it be immoral for us to do that?" Tina asks. "We don't have to settle things this way."

  "They have power over us, there is no way of fighting back," someone from the crowd points out.

  Tina stands for a second and thinks. "My..." she turns to Ella with a slightly confused look, then back at the crowd. "...friends have been searching for a magical blue liquid. There is some sort of legend about this liquid which means it helps us escape from the island. By getting this, we can be set free. Though it can't garantee Ethan's safety, it is better than killing him just like that."