9. Reaching Liquid

Why hello there! Just so you know. I did some counting of the days the girls have been on the island. This chapter is Day 6 at the moment :) Cool, I wrote 6 days in 9 chapters! So I have to say, the romance blossoming so quickly is quite unrealistic but that's what I like about writing stuff. It can be as stupid as you like! OK, no more about me. Onto the story!

____________________________________________________________

  "You have only been here a couple of hours, do you really have to go again?" Adrian asks as Celia packs her bags.

  "In case you haven't noticed, we have less than a week until a bomb is gonna be dropped on us. I need to help to avoid that," Celia explains.

  "My arm is better now, can I come with you?"

  "We are climbing up a cliff, you need both arms for that. I'm sorry, it's for your own good if you stay here," Celia places her hand on his shoulder.

  "Hey, are you coming or not?" Ella calls out to Celia.

  Celia smiles at Adrian and rushes towards Ella. Who is standing by a pile of large back packs. Jack, Martyn, Tina and Ethan stand near by heaving them onto their backs.

  "OK guys, we know where we are going and what to expect so we would hopefully be quicker," Jack explains as he lifts his backpack. "If I got it right, we could return to the campsite by tonight with some nice blue liquid!"

  Ella grins at the thought of being so close to finally reaching what she had been so desperate to find. Quickly, the back packs are on everyone and they leave.

  Instantly, Ethan pulls out the map that Adrian drew from the wall and the group follow the set out path. After a while, Ethan gets distracted from talking to Tina so the job of being in charge of the map is passed onto Martyn.

  Martyn treads far in front, holding the map with Ethan and Tina behind. Next in the line are Jack and Ella who talk casually, rather than arguing the way they used to. Celia silently shuffles at the back.

  "Hey, look at that," Jack points out, tilting his head towards Ethan and Tina who are holding hands as they walk. "Are they actually a couple?"

  Ella is at first quiet because she wonders why Jack is talking about this subject when they are on quite an important mission.

  "I don't know. I'm just surprised they're thinking about that sort of stuff anyway..." Ella says in response.

  "I guess there's nothing better to do," Jack points out. "I mean, Adrian and Celia, they're a couple too."

  "Not really," Ella says. "Celia is always in denial and I don't think she is joking."

  "So there really is nothing going on?" Ella nods. "I guess you know best, she is your friend after all."

  There is quiet for a bit, then Jack brings up something else after thinking for a bit. "Speaking of friends, do you think Martyn is alright?"

  "You keep asking this," Ella announces. "Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine. He might just be stressed from all this searching and stuff."

  "But Martyn doesn't do that. He just carries on with life like nothing happened," Jack explains. "I don't know, I just hope he's alright."

  Ella sighs and the journey continues. They gradually approach a cliff which towers over the group.

  "Why are we going straight to the cliff?" Ella asks with her eyes wide.

  "We're going to climb up it," Jack answers simply.