Chapter 30 : The Sins Of The Mother

12:00 am, Singhania Holiday Home, Anjuna, Goa.

"Mrs. Nyonika Malhotra? Aap...yahaan...kaise..." I squeaked out, still unable to believe my eyes.

The wicked smile that she held on her face broadened when she saw my confusion.

"Poor girl...caught in a game she doesn't even understand..." Nyonika said, shaking her head in mock sympathy, and moving a few steps backward.

"Like I said, I'd been saving the recording for someone special...and she's finally here to deliver what she promised..." Mukesh Singhania said smugly, as he came and stood to her side.

Madhyam followed his father's action and stood to her other side. I gulped as I saw them before me. They had taken the 'My enemy's enemy is my best friend.' philosophy very seriously! Who knew that they would gang up on me and Manik like this?!

A part of me wanted to run away at once, but the burly guards were still holding me firmly in place. Besides, I didn't want to get out of here, without making sense of the so called alliance I saw before me...

"What the hell did she promise?" I asked, rather firmly, using every ounce of courage I had left in me.

"Oh, it's a long story..." Madhyam said, with a dry chuckle.

"Why don't you enlighten this ignorant soul?" I said, through gritted teeth, giving Madhyam a nasty look.

I couldn't stand this arrogant asshole even one bit!

Nyonika cackled slightly and said. "Feisty...I like it...I finally get what Manik sees in this simpleton..."

"After Madhyam and I made the decision to spread that story about you eloping with Manik, we thought it would be an effective plan to get rid of both of you! But then, we received a call from her...and she offered us something that we just couldn't refuse..." Mukesh Singhania said, in a proud voice, gesturing at Nyonika.

"After a prolonged tell-all discussion between us, she said that if we delivered the recording incriminating her as well as Manik over to her successfully, she would immediately sell me the Malhotra Airline business for the price of peanuts! I've been after that business for many years...its valuation is through the roof! Once I merge Premiere Airways with Alliance airways, I'll be the richest man in the country! So you see, my dear girl, the offer was too attractive! I had to accept it, even if it meant getting my hands dirty yet again!" Mukesh Singhania clarified, arrogantly.

My eyes widened as I heard his words. Manik had warned me about Mukesh Singhania's depravity repeatedly, but even he hadn't foreseen that something like this would happen...I felt utterly disgusted that Amms had chosen to marry me off into this family...

"Aur tumhare loser boyfriend Manik ko provoke karna bahut hi aasan tha! All we had to do was challenge him to come and steal the recording himself! We would capture him easily...and hand him over to Nyonika...that was the plan!" Madhyam continued, as he sniggered at me.

I laughed sardonically when I heard his words.

"Your plan failed! Manik isn't here! He's far away and safe..." I shrieked at Madhyam.

"Don't you dare talk to me in that tone, you slut!" Madhyam screamed as he was about to come forward to hit me.

However, Nyonika immediately held her hand up in order to stop him. Her victorious grin made my skin crawl.

"Nandini...you have no idea how easy you've made it for us to capture Manik, by coming here yourself! If Manik had come to steal the recording, we'd have to use a dozen guards to bring him down. The entire thing would have been so messy...But now, he'll come quietly...and he'll have no choice but to fulfil my demands..." Nyonika said with a fiercely evil smile.