1.0

TO: m.white@gmail.com

FROM: aj.white@gmail.com

SUBJECT: Wen Get's His Detention

DATE: UNKNOWN
---------------------------------------------

"That's why the American Revolution was so important." One of Wen's female classmates says, concluding her presentation.

"Thank you, Sharon. Very nice." Wen's teacher says, glancing at Wen to see him not paying attention and reading.

"All right. Wendell, you're up."

"What?" Wen looks up from where he was reading his History book and hurries, grabbing his red folder and starting to walk up to the podium. He opens it and sees pictures. Sydney's pictures. He hurried back to his desk, hoping that he has his actual folder, but he doesn't.

"We're waiting." Wen's History Teacher says impatiently.

"One second, sir. I'm sorry. Sorry." Wen says to his teacher.

"Um . . . This can't be happening." Wen groans.

"Hi. I'm sorry to interrupt." Sydney says, walking into the classroom awkwardly, holding Wen's red folder.

"Wen, I have your folder." Sydney whispers.

"Check out Wen's mommy." One of Wen's classmates says, while another whistles loudly.

"You must be Wendell's mother." Wen's teacher adjusts his tie, trying to look more professional.

"No, I'm—" Sydney starts.

"She's not my mom, okay? Are you kidding me? Look at her. All right, are you stupid?" Wen snaps.

Wen's eyes quickly get bigger, hoping that his History teacher doesn't realize what he said.

"Oh." Sydney placed a hand on her chest and sighs, her eyes closed as Wen's teacher realizes what Wen said.

-AJ White