2.1

TO: m.white@gmail.com

FROM: aj.white@gmail.com

SUBJECT: Stella gets the idea to start a revolution.

DATE: September 1
---------------------------------------------

"Yuck, Dad. How can you eat that? Imagine how that poor fish felt." Stella says, watching her father eat a cut up piece of fish.

"Fish don't feel pain." One of Stella's younger brother tells her, looking down at the plastic robot he is building.

"Just because you don't see agony doesn't mean it's not there." Stella tells her brother.

"When did you become a vegetarian?" He asks her.

"Yeah, when did, uh, this happen?" Stella's father asks her.

"Four months ago." Stella says, looking down at her shirt that says, "Vegetarians Rock".

"For geniuses, you don't pay very good attention." Stella tells her family.

"Because it's stupid, Stella." Timmy, Stella's younger brother says.

"Timmy." Mrs. Yamada says, scolding one of her identical twin sons.

"Sorry I'm not out inventing biodegradable plastic, or making my own toys, or, oh, yeah, curing cancer." Stella looks at each member of her family as she says each thing that pertains to them.

"We haven't cured it yet, honey." Stella's father says uncomfortably.

"Hello. I know that. l may not be a genius . . . Which is, like, I don't know, a genetic abnormality in this family. But I can do things too, you know. I could start a revolution." Stella states, crunching on a piece of broccoli she has on her fork.

"That's nice, dear." Mr. Yamada tells his only daughter.