Chapter Four

Lexi paced around her room, "Come on Lexi, you've gone on dates before. How is this any different? So he may be cuter then any boys you've been out with, and he's yours friends brother. You know maybe I shouldn't go. Yeah, I'm going to call him right now." Lexi said going to grab her phone. Her daughter was looking at her from her swing. "I shouldn't call him." She said tossing her phone onto her bed. "Ugh what should mama do Lettie?" Lexi asked biting down onto her nail. "I mean what if Monica doesn't want to be friends if I reject her brother" She wondered.

"He really is so sweet, I haven't felt this way in forever" Lexi looked down at her daughter who was falling asleep to the humming lullaby. "I'm going" She whispered. Lexi looked at her phone she only had a hour before she was supposed to meet him and his house, Monica was going to watch Juliette while they went out. Lexi was worried about leaving Juliette for the first time since she was born. Not that the young mom didn't have trust in Monica having a child herself, more she was worried Juliette would get sick, or someone would take her. She sighed and walked into her closet.

She shuffled through the racks of her clothing, she was deciding in between jeans or a skirt. Usually she would ask her mother, since Bella wasn't the most fashionable and now all she had was her father. She set both of the on her bed, after staring at them for about ten minutes she choose jeans. She put on a pair of old thermal leggings that were a little too tight, she gained about twenty pounds after having Juliette but honestly she likes herself better now. She was always too thin. The jeans were dark washed with a rip in the left knee and on the right thigh. She put on a tank top, she put on a fuzzy sweater that was mustard color. It was a high neck with tight sleeves at the wrist. Lexi added a diamond necklace that she had gotten for Christmas years ago. She looked at the clock she still had forty minutes.

Lexi chose to straighten her normally curly hair. It took about ten minutes for her straightener to heat up, she packed up Juliette's bag. She gave her two extra outfits, five clean diapers, a things of wipes, her second favorite nook. Her first favorite was currently being used by her. She added a stuffed duck that Juliette thought was funny, two clean bottles. Lexi had a mini fridge in her bedroom she didn't think the others in the house would appreciate the breast milk in the fridge. She grabbed two bags and left them in a Ziploc bag.

Lexi went back into the bathroom and did her hair, once it was all smooth she grabbed two of the front pieces and made them meet in the back. She added a metal flower clip. Juliette woke up and began crying. Lexi picked up her baby. "What's wrong honey?"
She brought the baby to the changing table. Lexi changed her diaper and stripped her down. Juliette needed a bath but she's have to give it to her tonight. "Ew your stinky" she said in a baby voice. Juliette gave a gummy smile. Lexi changed her into a onesie with a bunny, a pair of pink leggings, and a little black sweater with white dots. Lexi fed Juliette before setting her onto a blanket with some toys. Lexi did her makeup on the floor next to Juliette.

The baby was just starting to hold herself up on her elbows. She kicked out her little covered feet. Juliette was hitting all her little four month old mild stones. Lexi finished her makeup with just enough time to get her shoes on. She put on a pair of leather boots that went up to her calf. She put little uggs on Juliette. Lexi put Juliette's body suit on to keep her warm. It made her look Maggie Simpson. Lexi gave Juliette her nook. Lexi put on her green jacket, she grabbed the baby bag and the baby. She thought she would get down there before Paul came but he was already waiting for her. He was talking to Charlie. They both seemed to be enjoying themselves. Lexi cleared her throat. "I was just getting acquainted with Paul" Charlie smile at him. Bella loomed in the living room, "he seems more fit for our of my daughter" Charlie said wanting Bella to here. She just rolled her eyes. "Ready to go? Hi pumpkin" he said sweetly to Juliette. She smiled, "yes I am, by dad" she said "bye Bug, be safe, take care of her" Charlie said sizing up Paul. Even if he lied him Lexi was still his daughter. "Of course sir." Paul replies sternly, he shook Charlie's hand while Lexi strapped Juliette into her seat. They walked out to Lexis car together. "Do you want to drive to your house?" She asked. "Wow I didn't take you as a girl to do that on the first date" Paul said.

Lexi gave him a bored look. "To drop off Juliette, moron" he blushed. Lexi couldn't help but it laugh. "I'm sorry I totally forgot" he laughed too. He got into the front seat, and Lexi in the passenger. They started driving down the road. "Is she a good baby?" Paul asked glancing back at her. "Oh yea she's wonderful. Very calm and very really gets upset. Something she did to get from my side" Lexi laughed. "Oh really? Was her father a easy going guy?" Paul asked, "Yea he was" Lexi said sadly. "I'm sorry to pry but whatever happened to Juliette's father." He asked glancing at her to make sure it was okay he asked. "Well, un he left us. Right after I told him I was pregnant he told me to never speak to him again." She said with a shrug. "That's absolutely horrible. He would just be a man and own up to it." Paul scoffed. "Yes, well he had very strict parents and was always a little childish." She said smiling sadly. "I would never leave someone I care about." Paul said for some reason Lexi could feel that it was directed towards her, and it made her feel at home.