Chapter Six

Alexandria woke up before her daughter, thankfully. The young mother needed some time to herself. It seemed like being over at Monica's house packed her full of pixie sticks and bad dreams. The infant kept waking up during the night crying and wouldn't go back to be for hours. The mom looked at her phone and saw about nine text from different people, she threw it back down not wanting to engage in social interaction.

She grabbed a pair of ripped jeans, a loose grey t-shirt, socks, undergarments, and a plum colored cardigan. Lexi turned the baby monitor on and grabbed the second piece, she went into the bathroom. Lexi waited for the water to heat up, she brushed her teeth and washed her face. Lexi jumped into the hot water, she didn't want to take very long in the shower with Juliette being unattended. She washed hair, conditioned it. Lexi washed her body with coconut smelling wash. She brushed her hair before getting out. Once she got out Lexi got dressed and tied her hair into a loose wet bun. She added a think layer of makeup.

Lexi walked out of the bathroom and tossed her clothing into her hamper. The young mom checked on her sleeping baby, she recovered her with her pink blanket. Lexi wanted to be prepared for once she got up. She walked down stairs the baby monitored on her hip. Her Father was sitting at the table reading his paper. "Morning Bug, How did Lettie sleep?" he asked smiling at her. "Horribly, she woke up about eight times. I hope she doesn't make that a pattern, otherwise she'll be on the lower percentile for her age." Lexi mumbled the last part while pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Oh you worry too much" Charlie laughed as Lexi put water into a pan. She put the pan on the stove and put the frozen milk into the pan. "I remember when you were born and would stay up all night and sleep all day, Renee tried to take you into the doctor for insomnia" Charlie laughed. Lexi smiled, "I don't think I'll be like mom crazy" Lexi laughed. "What are your plans for today?" Charlie asked, "Well I have to give Juliette a bath, do the laundry, clean my room a little, bit do some trig homework." Lexi listed off filling a bowl with fruit. "Well you have fun with that, I have to go into work, I'll see you later bug" He said kissing her on the forehead. "Goodbye, see you dad" Lexi replied, "Keep your sister out of trouble" He whispered to her. Lexi nodded with a smile.

Her father let for work but not before yelling up to Bella. Lexi grabbed Juliette's bottle and her fruit and coffee. She walked passed her sister's room and saw she was still sleeping. Bella stayed up all night talking to Edward. This old house has thin walls and cold windows. She was looking at her sister sleep when Juliette started crying. She quickly made her way into her bedroom. Lexi picked her daughter up, "Oh good morning baby!" She said kissing her nose. Her daughter looked tired, "Oh your a little warm" she whispered. Just then Juliette sneezed on Lexi, "And a little sneezy" She said with a groan. "Well mommy will give you a nice warm bath, and some breakfast." She kissed her cheek. Juliette coughed, "Oh I'm sorry" Lexi sat down on her bay window. Lexi fed Juliette her bottle while looking out the window. She saw a grey wolf looking up at her window.

It looked awfully large to be a normal wolf. The wolf seemed to notice that Lexi was watching and the mammal backed up into the woods. Lexi went to looking at all the greens on the trees, green was such a beautiful color. Juliette spit her bottle out signaling she was done. Lexi set the bottle onto the dresser and put Juliette on her stomach on a blanket while she drew her bath. Lexi set some toys on the ground and grabbed the bathtub. Lexi turned the warm water and added some of the unscented bubble bath. Lexi tossed a wash cloth into the water and set her unicorn towel onto the sink for her to wrap Juliette in after her bath.

Once the tub was filled about one forth of the capacity she went back to grab her baby. She grabbed a long sleeve orange dress and yellow and orange floral leggings. Lexi grabbed her daughter and all the things needed to give her a bath. She took all of her clothing off and set her into the tub. She started washing her hair and then her body, not wanting her to catch cold already being sick she took her out straight away. Lexi wrapped her into the towel and laid her onto her changing table. The brunette put a diaper on her and covered her in lotion before getting her dressed. Lexi brushed her hair down into a point on her head. She sat her down between her legs onto her bed. Lexi decided now would be a good time to check her phone.

Mom~ Hey dear, how is Washington? How is Julie? How are you? Is your sister doing okay? She hasn't texted me in a while. It's like you've all left me!

Tallahassee~ Guess who just started clenching her hands?! Jilly! Here's a video!

Bella~ Can you please make her be quite? Some people are trying to sleep.

Mom~ Are you okay, seriously?

Paul~ Good morning beautiful, what are you doing today?

Monica~ How's Juliette feeling I noticed she was a little sick over at my house but I didn't want you to rush home from your date.

Mom~ Alexandria Lynne answer me please! This is your mother you know the one you left to die alone in Arizona!?!?

Lexi ignored Bella's and told her mother she's not going to die. She told Paul nothing but cleaning and that Lettie is sick, she told Tallahassee how cute Jillian was which she really is. Lexi sent Monica a picture of Lettie with a runny nose sitting on her lap. Paul was the only on the responded. 'Need anything?' Lexi smiled, it was nice that he cared so much about Juliette not just her. Since they are a two for one package. 'I think we're good, we might need some company if you feel like hanging out with baby germs :|' She texted him back quickly. 'Be over in thirty, plus germs build up the immune system :}' She laughed and tossed her phone to the side.

Lexi needed to clean before Paul came over, she set Juliette in her boppy and played trolls on her laptop. She threw all her laundry into the bag and hide it in the closet saying she would do it once he let knowing she most likely would wait another day. She made her bed and Juliette's, she had to put away all the clothing she left sitting on 'the laundry chair' Lexi had to put all the stuffed animals on the shelves in size order. Finally right before he was supposed to show up she brushed her and teeth one last time.

There was a knock on the door down stairs. Lexi looked back at Juliette to see her sleeping in her seat. She grabbed her and set her down into her crib and covered her up. Lexi turned the monitor on and walked downstairs, Edward and Bella were down there. Edward beat her to the door. "What are you doing here?" Paul asked. "I'm here to see my girlfriend, what are you doing here." Edward asked his eyes squinting. "I'm here to see mine" Paul said pushing through the door. He was carrying a large stuffed bear and a bag. "Hey beautiful" Paul said coming up to her and kissing her cheek. "Since when are you dating?" Bella sneered looking at Paul. "Since last night" Lexi continued the lie. "Wow no wonder you already have a kid" Bella said rolling her eyes. "Wow no wonder the best guy you can get always looks like someone's punching him in the dick" Lexi replied in the same tone. Paul held in a laugh not so well. "Whatever" Bella whispered before they left the house.

There was a moment of silence once they left. "Where's Juliette?" Paul asked setting the things down on the oak table. "She's sleeping, I think she had a cold. The average two month old sleep 8-16 hours a day. So I sick one will most likely sleep 10-18 hours." Lexi said doing the math. "Wow talk about super mom" Paul said pulling things out. "Eh, I try." She said looking at all the things he brought. There was three movies, popcorn, soup in a thermos, Vix, tissues, orange tea packets, and the bear. "Wow you really know how to care of a sick person." She laughed. "Eh, I try" Paul  winked and said the same way Lexi did. She laughed and punched him playfully. "Well Mr Nurse. I'm sorry to break it to you but Juliette can't eat soup nor can she drink tea" Lexi laughed. "Oh I know I just wanted them" she giggled.

Lexi grabbed out the tea pot, "I wouldn't take you as a tea guy." Lexi said filling up the kettle. "What don't think someone so handsome could like tea" Paul asked "No I think your a little too rough and tough for tea." Lexi said with a shrug. She put the kettle on the stove. "What movies did you bring?" Lexi asked. "Oh I brought sixteen candles, the breakfast club, and young guns." Paul said laying them all into the table. "Wow you really like Emilio Esetvez and Molly Ringwald" she laughed. "What do you want to watch first?" He asked.

"Let's start out with The Breakfast Club" Lexi said grabbing the movie and Paul's hand. She pushed him on the couch and put the movie in. She sat Down as he got up to get the tea. He came back with two mug and some popcorn. He sat down and handed her the tea. They sipped the tea and watched the movie. About twenty minutes in Lexi started leaning into him. He wrapped his arm around her. Soon Lexi was drifting to sleep. About thirty minutes after she feel asleep Juliette started to cry. Paul left her sleeping and went to care of her. Paul picked the baby up. "Your awfully pretty, just like your momma" Paul said rocking her back and forth. "Don't worry I'll always be here for you and your mother. I'll never leave you guys. You too are my everything." He said.