Chapter Twelve

Ever since she was a child Alexandria Swan has used music to express her feeling when she couldn't comprehend them. When her parents divorced she devoted her self to her baby grand piano that was in the basement of her mothers Arizona home. Sadly she left it's behind, and with it the hobby. Plus having a five month old around wasn't exactly a walk in the park. Any one who truly knew Lexi for who she was would know there was something wrong as she sat alone at a table with classical music playing loudly in her ears. The fifteen year old shape shifter did not.

Seth Clearwater sat down next to the melancholy teen. His mountainous tray of food slamming down in front of him. A lone fry rolled off and onto the gray circular table. "How're you today?" He asked opening a bag of chips and begin eating it. "What do you need Seth?" Lexi asked trying not to sound rude, giving him a small disarming smile. "Just wanted to see ho you are, I mean I've seen how close you and Paul have been this last few weeks; maybe it would good to get to know you better." Seth said shrugging and glancing at the younger Swan girl. "I don't think Paul and I are going to be hanging out much anymore" Lexi said smiling sadly at her salad. "Why?" Seth asked eating another bag of chips. "Why are you so nosy?" Lexi asked glaring playfully at the young boy.

"It's a legal obligation to grill my pa- friends girlfriends" Seth catching himself before admitting he was a shapeshifter to the young brunette. "I'm not his girlfriend" Lexi said with a chuckle. "That's not what Paul has been saying" Seth said with wide eyes. "WHAT?!" Lexi said standing up enraged that the boy who cheated on her is going around and telling people they were an item. Yet they were never official together. Almost on queue Paul, Jared, Jacob, Quil, and Embry walked to their table and sat down. Paul glanced at Seth and Lexi and anger filled his eyes at the sight of his pack member sitting so close with his imprint.

"I'll be back Seth" Lexi mumbled and sauntered over to their table. She slammed the bracelet on the table and all conversation ceased. "You're telling people we're dating? We were never an item. Nor will we be for a long time if you keep telling people we're dating. You threw all your chances away when you went and slept with a whore. Stay out of my life and my daughters" Lexi said throwing the rope at him and running out of the lunch room and into the hall way. Paul wanted so badly to run after her and apologize but the feeling of wanting to hurt Seth was greater.
—————————
Lexi sat on the front porch of her house. Her five month old daughter wrapped in a blanket sitting on her lap, was sound asleep. There was a cup of black tea in her hand. She watched the sun set as she waited for her father to get home. He promised her burgers when he arrived. She looked down at her daughter in her arms. The older Juliette got the more she looked like a mix of Lexi and Diego. She could see her own face shape and hair.

As she was looking down at her she heard a creaking noise was heard from the oak boards of the porch. Seth came onto the wood; a pair of cutoff shorts hung on his hips and a cut off sweatshirt on his torso. "Hey, um Lexi. I'm sorry about Paul." Lexi looked up at him. "Seth it isn't your fault. Come sit down" Lexi said motioning for him to sit down next to her. He did so and glanced at the sleeping baby. "Cute kid, look like you" Seth said lightly nudging her. "Ha, hopefully she doesn't turn out like me. 17 with a baby, with no father. No plans in life." The young mother said sadly smiling down at the stirring child.

"Even if she does end up a young mom. She'll always remember how you were there for her no matter what. Because that's what really matters with kids." Seth said thinking about his father and how he missed him everyday. The young mom contemplated his words for a minute and nodded. "Thank you Seth. I needed that. I'm going to get more tea would you life some?" She asked standing up. "Sure, if you'd like I can hold her." Seth offered holding his hands for the baby. Lexi smiled and handed the young teen her daughter. She went inside and poured more tea.

Juliette has woke up and was looking intently at Seth confused as to who was holding her. Seth glances down at the wide eyed baby. He felt a strong connection with this baby. That he would do anything to protect her and would always be there for her as a friend. Through her childhood and adulthood he would be her best friend. Juliette was Seth Clearwater's imprint.