Chapter Seven

When I woke up it was quiet, the house seemed empty. I turned my head and the tv was running, it was playing sixteen candles. I sat up on the a mess of a couch. It was now when I noticed that Paul was missing. I checked the clock it was only 7:34 PM, Dad would be home in an hour. I slowly walked up the stairs, not fully awake from my nap, plus I really didn't feel like falling on my face. As I walked to my bedroom I saw Paul's shoes sitting right outside the carpet. I felt my lips pulling into a smile.

I slowly crept to the bedroom, Paul was sitting on my rocking chair. He was asleep holding Juliette in one arm, a stuffed bunny in the next. His brown eyes fluttered open, "Hey sorry, I fell asleep" He whispered glancing down at Juliette. "It's fine, I needed a nap anyways" I mumbled taking my daughter from his arms. She stirred slightly as I set her into the crib. I turned the baby monitor on and walked down the stairs. Paul was sitting at the table drinking something. "Thank you for coming tonight" I whispered sitting down across from him. "My pleasure. Anything to get to know you better" He said giving my a smirk. "Why?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. I glanced at him warily.

"I-uh.." he stumbled. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. It's been great hanging out with you" I said. "In fact, I haven't had this much fun since..." I lagged off... Diego. My brain wanted me to say, but I couldn't. "Since Juliette's Father?" Paul finished. I nodded sadly. "Hey," he grabbed my small hand "You don't owe me any kind of explanation, if you want to tell me that's completely up to you" Paul said giving me a small smile. 

"I...I want to tell you, in time" I said giving him a small smile. "Okay"He said kissing my forehead. I felt like this relationship was moving way too fast, but in a good way. Trust was building faster then lust. "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked taking a sip, "Well I have to take Lettie to the doctor in the morning, the we're free" I say shrugging and playing with my sweater sleeve. "How about I go with you, and take you two out for breakfast?" Paul offers. "You really don't have to go if you don't want to" I offer smiling, I love the idea of him coming with but I don't him to feel like he has to play dad with Juliette. 

Paul raised an eyebrow and stared me down, "I want to come" He said smirking at me. He gave me a wink and a sloppy smile. "I mean if you really want to see her being weighed and get shots, be my guest" I said giggling and grabbing his tea and taking a sip. "One, that's mine. Two, if she cries I might cry" Paul said taking his tea back and glaring playfully at me. 

"Honestly I hope you do cry" 

(Will update again tonight, sorry I haven't been updating. I had a really big family issue, plus I lost interest for a little while; My apologies love ya'll so much <3