::8::

Peter looked at the suit that was laying on his bed and took a shaky sigh. Today was Aunt May's funeral. He picked up the clothes hanger and started changing clothes. When he was done, he grabbed a tie. Looking in the mirror, he tried to tie it. After the fourth time, he realized that he didn't know how to tie a tie. Walking out into the living space, he saw Tony and walked over to him.

   "Mister Stark can you tie this?" He asked embarrassed.

   "Of Course," Tony said, setting down his phone and grabbing the two side of the tie. He tied it expertly and Peter seemed impressed.

   "Thanks," he said, walking back into his bedroom. He looked in the mirror and closed his eyes. It was not going to be a good day. Someone knocked on his door and he absentmindedly called back an answered. Pepper Potts walked into the room.

   "Hey sweetheart," she said, and they both sat on the bed. Pepper was wearing a black dress with black heels, and her hair was curled. "How are you feeling?" She asked the boy.

   "I'm not really sure," he replied. "There's just a lot happening right now."

"I know Peter. I'm so sorry," she said. Peter shook his head.

"No no no. It's okay. I have you and Mister Stark and the rest of the group. I'll be fine," he said, but he was mostly trying to convince himself more than her.

"I'm here if you want to talk," she said. Peter smiled. It was small, but it was a genuine smile nonetheless.

"Thanks, Miss Potts," he said. Pepper glared at him. "I mean Pepper." She smiled.

"Come out when you are ready. We don't need to leave for another thirty minutes."
________________________________
The Avengers entered a car driven by Happy and left the Compound, all wearing black. The car was basically a limo and was the only thing that would fit all of them. The funeral would only be a few colleagues May worked with, Ned, MJ, and some of the residents who lived in Peter's old apartment building. When they got there, pepper grabbed Tony's hand and linked arms with Peter. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath but held it for a little too long. He let it out and opened his eyes. They walked into the funeral home and sat down. Peter walked up to the closed coffin and said only one thing.

   "I larb you," he said to the coffin, but quietly so no one would hear. He went and sat down in between Pepper and Tony. A moment later, Ned and MJ walked in. Peter jumped up and ran to his friends, jumping into a hug. They all stood there, hugging until someone began talking. They all sat down in their seats, Ned and MJ behind Peter, and listened to the service.
________________________________
   When the service ended, they all drove to the burial service. Peter sat in the car longer than anyone. Tony leaned in so he could talk to the boy.

   "You alright?" He asked, concern written on his face. Peter nodded, shaking.

   "I don't wanna go," he replied. Tony sat back in the car and gave him a quick hug.

   "I know buddy, but it'll be quick," he tried to coax him into leaving. Finally, after a quick breathing exercise, Peter stepped out of the car. It was a miracle no paparazzi had found Tony yet, but Pepper had made sure to threaten anyone she thought would be a problem at the time.

   "Come on Peter," MJ said, motioning for Peter to come near her and Ned. He ran and hugged them once again. He played with MJ's hair like he did when he got nervous eat school or when his senses started to skyrocket. The ceremony was short, and Peter was grateful. He didn't want to dwell on his tear stained cheeks for too long.

   "Come on Pete. Let's go home," Tony said, putting a supporting hand on Peter's back. They walked to the car, which was already full of Avengers, and Happy started the car. Peter put his head on the window and stared outside for a while. He wasn't sure when he had fallen asleep, but he woke up in his bed, still wearing his suit from the funeral.