CHAPTER 10

It was almost 6 in the evening. Shivaay and Anika were wandering on the roads of Dalhousie to find a shelter. They were really tired and hungry.

S- Main bahut thak gaya hoon. ( I am very tired.)

A- Main bhi bahut thak gayi hoon aur mujhe bhook bhi lagi hai. ( I am also very tired and hungry also.)

S- Pehle kuch khaane ke liye dhoondhte hain. ( Firstly let's find something to eat.)

A- Haan yahan kisi se poochte hain. ( Let's ask someone.)

Shivaay and went to a small paan shop.

A- Kya aap hume bata sakte hain ki hume yahan khaane ko kahan milega? ( Can you tell us that where will we get something to eat?)

M- Haan madamji. Yahan se thodi hi door pe ek dhaba hai. ( Yes madam. There is a dhaba at a little distance from here.)

Shivaay and Anika nods their head and started walking towards dhaba.

Finally they reached the dhaba and occupied a table.

A boy of around 16 years of age told them the menu.

A- Shivaay, you order food. I am going to washroom.

Shivaay nods his head and Anika left.

Shivaay turns towards the boy and asked him.

S- 2 roti aur dal kitne ki hogi?(How much does 2 chapati and dal cost?)

B- 70 rupees.

S- Ek roti aur dal kitni ki hogi?(what is is cost of one roti and dal?)

B- 60 rupees.

S(thinks) - We have only 60 rupees left now because we spent 60 rupees in the lunch today. I will order food for Anika. Atleast she can have food.

Shivaay smiles and orders dal and one roti.

Anika came back from washroom and sat on her place. After few minutes the boy came with dal and roti and kept it on the table.

A- Par ye toh sirf ek hi roti hai? (But this is only one roti?)

S- Haan maine hi ek roti order kiya hai. ( Yes I have ordered one chapati only.)

He asks the boy to go.

A- Par Shivaay, tum kya khaoge? ( But Shivaay, what will you eat?)

S- Mujhe bhook nahi lagi hai. Aur waise bhi lunch bahut heavy tha. ( I am not hungry. Anyways the lunch was really heavy.)

Shivaay says while avoiding her gaze. But soon Anika realized that they are short of money.

She tore the chapati in two halves. She served the half chapati to herself and the other half to Shivaay.

Shivaay looks at her confusingly.

A- You were right, lunch was really heavy and look at the size of this chapati. I won't be able to eat it alone.

Shivaay smiles and takes the half chapati.

They had their dinner and left from there after paying the bill.

S- Hume jald se jald rehne ki jagah dhoondhni hogi kyunki raat bahut ho chuki hai aur itni raat ko aise bahar rehna, safe nahi hai. (We have to find some place to live as soon as possible because its already night and it's not safe to roam around the city at night.)

Anika nods in understanding. They were walking on the isolated streets when Anika's eyes fell on a villa.