CHAPTER 11

Anika and Shivaay looked at each other horrified.

A- Shivaay, I think hume neeche jaake check karna chahiye ki yeh awaaz kahan se aayi. (Shivaay, I think we should go downstairs and check that where did the sound come from.)

S- Pagal ho kya? Agar koi bhootni huyi toh? (Are you mad? What if it's some ghost?)

A- Shut up, Shivaay. Agar tumne ek aur baar bhoot ka naam liya na toh main... (If you again uttered the name of ghost, then I will...)

S- Toh kya karogi, huh? (So what will you do, huh?)

A- Toh main tumhe iss ghar mein akela chhod ke bhaag jaungi. (Then I will leave you alone in this house and run away.)

Shivaay looks at her scared and shocked.

S- What? Tum mere saath aisa nahi kar sakti. Tum toh pyaari Anika ho. (No you can't do this to me. You are very sweet Anika.)

A- Ok. Ok. Stop buttering me and let's go downstairs and check.

Shivaay nods his head slowly. Anika moves out of the room followed by Shivaay.

They were descending the stairs but Shivaay was so scared that he was hiding behind Anika and following her. He was continuously chanting a mantra with closed eyes.

S- Aaltu Jalaltu Aayi bala ko taal Tu.

Anika gets irritated by his continuous chants.

Anika suddenly turns towards him to face him but Shivaay shrieks at the top of his voice and Anika closed her ears with her palms.

A- What's wrong with you, Shivaay?

Shivaay looks at her with a puppy face.

S- Wo... Umm.. Wo...

Anika gives a naughty smile to him.

A- Are you scared?

Shivaay puts up a brave facade and says-

S- No.... No.... I am not scared. Tumhe pata nahi hai kya ki Shivaay Singh Oberoi kisi se nahi darta. (Don't you know that Shivaay Singh Oberoi is not scared of anything.)

Anika looks behind Shivaay and makes a horrified face. Shivaay notices her face.

S- What happened, Anika?

A- Shiv... Shivaay... Bho..... Bhoot.... BHOOT.. (Shiv... Shivaay... Ghost....... GHOST..)

Shivaay gets scared and shrieks. He immediately hides behind Anika.

S- Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...... Hey bhagwaan hume bhoot se bacha lo..... Mummy please mujhe bacha lo..... (Oh God Please save us from this ghost... Please mummy save me..)

Anika looks at him and starts laughing loudly.

A- Bade aaye Shivaay Singh Oberoi kisi se nahi darta..... Hahahaha... Phattoo.. ( Shivaay Singh Oberoi is not scared of anything...... Hahaha hahaha.. Coward)

S- Don't laugh ok. Jab bhoot tumhe khayega na tab pata chalega. ( When ghost will eat you then you will come to know.)

Anika rolls her eyes and went downstairs and Shivaay followed her.

They saw a broken vase on the floor.

A- Ye kaise gira? (How did this fell?)

S- Main toh keh raha hoon ki.... (I was saying that......)

Anika glares at him.

A- Shayad hawa ki wajah se gir gaya hoga. (I think it might have fallen due to wind.)