10 ┃ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧

━ ⭒─⭑━

The morning chill nipped at your skin as you and Seora approached the towering building of HYBE—the heart of where it all would end—to retrieve your beloved red hoodie.

Despite your insistence on subtlety, Seora, true to her unapologetic nature, donned a Shooky onesie, claiming it as her armor against the day's challenges, while you stuck to your simple RJ t-shirt. A mixture of dread and anticipation knotted in your gut as the weight of the situation pressed down on you.

Anxiety swept over you as the building loomed closer. The realization that you had volunteered under a fake name sent a shot of panic through your veins. Sensing your growing worry, Seora placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, her eyes brimming with unwavering confidence. "Remember, they don't know it's not your real name. Plus, your picture is on the ID. We'll be fine," she whispered, her voice providing a grounding force amid your racing thoughts.

The lobby of HYBE was a hive of activity, buzzing with people coming and going with agendas as varied as the colors in a palette. Your heart raced against your ribcage as you stepped up to the sign-in area, the name "Han Ji-yoo," escaping your lips in a stuttered breath. The attendant handed you a name tag, your fingers trembling as you reached for it.

It was at that moment—amid the faint murmur of conversations and the soft shuffle of feet—that a commotion at the entrance broke through the background noise. Drawn by the noise, you caught sight of a girl arguing vehemently with the security guards, her face flushed red in anger. "I'm Han Ji-yoo!" she hissed, her voice sharp and laced with fury as it cut through the air.

The blood drained from your face as the real Han Ji-yoo—the one whose identity you had borrowed—made her presence known. Seora, following your alarmed gaze, turned just in time to lock eyes with the furious girl. Recognition flashed across Han Ji-yoo's features as she pointed directly at you, her accusation loud and clear, "There! That's the imposter!"

The world seemed to still for a moment as Seora's exclamation, a mix of shock and frustration, filled the air. "Bruh, what the fuck, Ji-yoo!?" she blurted out, disbelief and betrayal painting her voice.

Han Ji-yoo narrowed her eyes into slits. "I don't care that I wasn't here; it's still my name, you stingy bitch!" she spat, her words cutting like a knife.

Immediately, the guards zeroed on the two of you. "Grab them!"

In an instant, Seora's protective instincts kicked in. She turned to you, with a look of urgency on her face. "Run!" she cried out, readying herself to fend off the guards.

With Seora's sacrificial diversion buying you valuable seconds, you spun on your heel and dashed away. The reality of the situation hit you like a cold wave—caught in a web of lies and identity theft, all for the sake of getting back a cherished memory encapsulated in a piece of cloth.

Taehyung stared boredly, his gaze distant, as he half-listened to his manager drill a young man with questions. The manager's tone was a mix of skepticism and mild annoyance, trying to determine if the boy was just another overzealous fan who'd managed to sneak in or something more concerning.

The boy, nervous and clearly out of his depth, stuttered out an answer that didn't quite add up, "I—I was lost the jacket on my way t-to the bathroom..." His voice trailed off, unconvincing even to his own ears.

Halfway through the boy's poorly constructed excuse, the door swung open with an urgency that immediately drew everyone's attention. A guard, his expression tense and voice laced with a clear command, announced, "We have to move. The building is going into lockdown. There's an unauthorized individual causing disruptions."