16 ┃ 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

━ ⭒─⭑━

A week into your new role at HYBE, you've started to settle into the rhythm of your responsibilities. With Jinji working from home, you're now stationed in his office, a space that's gradually becoming more familiar each day.

Today's agenda begins with a task that seems straightforward enough: delivering scripts to Yoongi for his upcoming press conference.

As you approach Yoongi's studio, the door slightly ajar, the distinct sound of a beat being crafted flows out into the hallway, drawing you in. It's the background music for the OST he's working on, a project that's been the buzz of the building.

Pausing at the threshold, you listen for a moment, the complexity and depth of the composition striking a chord within you.

Knocking lightly before entering, you find Yoongi immersed in his work, headphones on, his focus evident in his furrowed brow and the way his fingers dance over the mixing board. He looks up, a bit startled, as you step inside, the scripts in hand.

"I've got the scripts for the upcoming press conference," you announce, placing them on a nearby surface.

Yoongi nods, offering a brief "Thanks," before his attention returns to the music. But as you're about to leave, something in the melody catches your ear—a minor discord that seems to beg for resolution.

Hesitating, you turn back to Yoongi, noticing a hint of frustration in his demeanor, a sign he's been grappling with this very section. 

"Um, Yoongi-ssi," you begin, hesitating for just a moment. "The track is incredible, but there's a section where maybe...," you trail off, not wanting to overstep but feeling compelled to share your thought.

Seeing his intrigued yet cautious expression, you take a small step forward. "May I?" you ask, gesturing toward the headphones. With a nod from Yoongi, you slip them on, the music enveloping you, its details even more pronounced now.

"It's just here," you say, pointing to a segment on the screen. "Maybe it could go something like this?" Without thinking, you hum out a melody, a bridge that could seamlessly connect the disjointed verse, your voice steady and clear.

Yoongi's expression shifts from skepticism to consideration, his eyes narrowing as he replays the section, then listens to your suggestion again. A moment of silence hangs in the air, heavy with anticipation, and after observing Yoongi's contemplative expression, you immediately take it as disapproval.

Your mind races with thoughts of having overstepped your boundaries, and you can't help but feel a surge of panic at the thought of making a misstep so early in your role.

With a wave of anxiety washing over you, you instantly regret voicing your suggestion. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overstep. Please ignore me," you stammer, your confidence evaporating as quickly as it arrived.

With a flurry of bows, more awkward than respectful, you mumble a string of apologies. "I just thought—sorry, it won't happen again," you add, your voice laced with embarrassment. Placing the folder containing the scripts beside Yoongi with a little too much haste, you make a beeline for the door, eager to escape what you perceive as an uncomfortable situation.

Once outside, you take a deep breath, mentally chastising yourself for the impromptu input. "You're doing too much, Y/N, calm down..." you mutter under your breath, a reminder to keep your observations to yourself in the future.

Meanwhile, back in the studio, Yoongi watches your hasty retreat with a hint of amusement in his eyes. Despite your apparent nervousness, the melody you hummed lingered in his mind, a curious and unexpected interjection that sparked his interest.