19 ┃ 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

━ ⭒─⭑━

Lying on your back, you stare at the ceiling of the apartment you share with Seora, your mind racing.

The evening had been spent diving deep into the storyline of the K-drama for which you and Taehyung were to sing the OST—a task that felt both surreal and exhilarating.

The drama, based on a beloved webtoon, weaves a poignant narrative of a ghost hopelessly in love with a funeral director's son. But this isn't just any love story; it's one steeped in history, tragedy, and the supernatural.

The son, unbeknownst to him, is the reincarnation of her ancient lover, a love that had once blossomed between a wealthy daughter and a peasant boy in a Korea of a thousand years past—a tale reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet, marked by star-crossed love and a cruel twist of fate.

Their love, pure and profound, had met a tragic end, thwarted by a jealous witch whose curse condemned her to an eternity of earthly wandering while her lover was doomed to be reborn, forever yearning for her in a cycle of unfulfilled longing.

And now, after a millennium, their paths cross again, but with a twist—their connection is now relegated to the realm of dreams, a bittersweet reminder of what once was and what could be.

As you absorb the depth of the drama's plot, a mix of emotions swirls within you—excitement at the thought of contributing your voice to such a moving tale, a twinge of nervousness about performing alongside Taehyung, and a curious sense of connection to the characters' plight, perhaps mirroring your own recent journey of unexpected challenges and serendipitous encounters.

🇫‌🇱‌🇦‌🇸‌🇭‌🇧‌🇦‌🇨‌🇰‌:

Sitting next to Yoongi in the dimly lit studio, you watch as he expertly navigates through the final touches of the instrumental piece for the OST. The air is charged with a sense of accomplishment and anticipation for the next phase—lyrics.

Swiveling his chair to face you, Yoongi's eyes meet yours, signaling a shift to the next creative hurdle. "We've got the music down. Now, we need the words to breathe life into it," he states, his voice a mix of excitement and challenge.

Curious, you lean forward, resting your elbows on your knees. "How do you usually come up with the lyrics?" you ask, genuinely intrigued by the process.

Yoongi shrugs, a small smile playing on his lips. "It varies," he begins, his gaze drifting off as if recalling past experiences. "Sometimes it's inspiration, a sudden burst of emotion or an idea. Other times, we have ghostwriters or collaborators. And occasionally, the artists themselves contribute, especially if they want to infuse their personal touch."

Your mind races at the possibilities, the open invitation to partake in this creative process both thrilling and daunting. Yoongi's casual mention of your potential involvement hangs in the air, inviting yet challenging.

"I see," you murmur, more to yourself than to him, as you ponder the weight of such an opportunity. Yoongi's next reminder nudges you from your reverie.

"Remember, you're more than welcome to help with the lyrics," he says, his tone encouraging, recognizing perhaps your hesitation and the potential he sees in you.

You nod, a silent acknowledgment of his offer, your mind alight with the challenge it presents. As Yoongi turns back to his equipment, you sit back, the wheels in your head turning, contemplating how you might contribute to the tapestry of words that will accompany the melody you both have crafted.