Elijah

It was strange arriving to Sun's Peak. For one it wasn't looking so hot. In some places the moss has started to cover up the burnt ground but in others it looks like a nuclear war happened here. There is debris everywhere.

"Hey Elijah I'm not going to doubt you when you said this place was beautiful but I'm pretty sure it got blown up." August tells me.

I nod. I am unable to tear my eyes from this sad site. The adobe houses have seen better days, I'm not going to lie but the Darkness is still standing.

"Well at least the Darkness is still here." One of the members tells us.

We all nod in agreement.

"Alright let's open it up." August exclaims.

We all get to work with the outside panel.

"What do you think about this mission?" August asks me.

"I don't know. I feel like everyone is holding their breath for something to happen."

"You're right. Those trots have been far too silent."

"Do you think they are planning something?" I ask.

"Oh I know they are planning something. They are probably mad that we have won the last few battles."

"That's only because of our spy network." I grunt.

"Spy network?"

Oh crap, the spy network isn't public knowledge.

"Forget I said anything." I tell him.

"Oh I'm not going to forget it."

"Forget it." I threaten.

"If you tell me who they are I might." He told me.

I groan.

"Fine the whole thing is run by my girlfriend Lorelei, she also has a bodyguard, Indiana."

"Where are these mysterious people?" August asks me.

"You have to be really quiet about this but they are in Headquarters."

His eyes get wide. He looks surprised.

"Oh don't look so surprised. They are spies of course they would be right where they enemy is." I tell him.

The sudden rumbling of the door makes me jump. The door opened and we all stared into the shell of the ship. It seems so lifeless without the people inside.

It almost seems freaky.

"Wow!" August exclaims as he stares at the ship's interior.

"It was an extravagant ship."

"So where are we going?" I ask the person in charge.

"We are going to the labs."

We go down the stairs to the first level of the ship. Everything down there is burnt except for the labs. I guess the labs had a safety measure for some reason. When we get down to the labs I feel a slight sense of nostalgia from the last time I was down here. It was when Alaina and I went to go see the secret floor for the first time.

We throw open the doors to the labs and search for the computers and flash drives. I turn on the computer and it was just a black screen that said play video. I press the play. For a few seconds the video screen is black then we get a close up of a face.

"Listen to me very closely. There is something you need to know about the paradise you think you are headed to. There is something there we didn't anticipate. Listen the Extraterrestrials are not friendly. We have rerouted you to one of Jupiter's habitable moons. I understand that many of the people on the ship don't want to do that but we have no choice. This might cause a mutiny so prepare yourself."

Then the video ended.

"Hey uh sir you might want to see this." I told the person in charge.

He comes down to where I'm sitting and he watches the video.

"Are we on one of Jupiter's moons?" I ask.

He just looks confused.

"I-I don't know." He admits.

It feels strange not knowing where in the universe I am. For the first time in my life I'm not entirely sure of myself. The video had caught the attention of several of the soldiers.

They played it over and over again and discussed if it could be possible for us to be on one of Jupiter's moons. I don't think we are actually on Jupiter's moon. The sun here is white and Sol Earth's sun is yellow.

"That's enough!" The Leader yelled, "Finish getting all this equipment."

We finish packing up all the data. No one dares speak.

"You." The commander said pointing at me.

"Me?"

"Yes you. There are food courts on this ship are there not."

"Yes." I nod.

"Take us to them."

I am kind of scared to be completely honest with you. I don't really feel like a comrade, more like a prisoner to be completely honest with you. I led the starving group up the several stairs to the cafeteria. When we finally arrive everyone scatters to get to the wall food kiosks.

To be completely honest the wall food still sucks. However food is food and so everyone is happy.

"Hey August?"

"Yes Elijah?"

"Do you want to go to the Bridge?"

"Are kidding me? Yes!"

We sneak out of the cafeteria and go up to the Bridge. It was exactly how we left it. August wanders over toward the transmitter. He smiles when he sees it.

"Want to send the Bunker a message?" August smiles.

I smile and we turn it on. We press the record button.

"Greetings from Sun's Peak." August says into the microphone.

I press the send button but the Transmitter only makes a beep that I haven't heard before.

Transmitter cannot send the message because you have one new message. Would you like to play it?

Strange. I don't know why we would have a message.

"Play message."

A female voice fills our ears.

" I-um I want to have a picnic and I want you to join me in three days."

I could never forget her voice. Lorelei sent the message.

"Who is that lady?" August asks.

"That's Lorelei." I tell him.