Lorelei

My leg feels like it's on fire still. I know it's not but I have to keep checking just in case. It feels like burning hot knives are getting shoved into my leg. I crawl with my metal leg. I have no idea how long I have been trying to get to the rendezvous.

I have been bleeding for a long time and I have no idea how much blood I've lost. I finally lean up against a fallen tree and pull out my jug of water. I was reckless with it when I first started my treck. Gulping big sips of water without a thought of what happens when I can't get more water.

I doze off as much as I could with my broken mess of a leg. I had no idea how long I had been asleep but when I woke up I had scavenger animals all over me.

This really pissed me off. I wasn't dead. Not yet. I got up off my log and started crawling toward what I hoped was the east. I cried out as my broken mess of a leg hit a rock. But I wasn't going to give up just yet.

"I am not going to die here." I whispered to myself.

I'm not going to die. Not here not now. By now I am covered in dirt and mud and my face is streaked with tears and blood. I am a mess of a person. I spent the rest of my consciousness trying to move from the position I was in. I couldn't hold onto my consciousness anymore and I slipped into restless sleep.

I am walking down the familiar hallways of the Darkness. I look down and I have my right leg back again. Like the blast didn't even happen. Elijah is walking next to me.

"Hi Eli."

"It's Elijah, Commander." He tells me cooly.

Strange. He usually doesn't use this tone with me. Even with his moods.

"Do you need Medication Elijah?" I ask him.

"I can medicate myself Ms Jameson."

"Oh, okay."

We continue walking down the corridor. I look at him again. He seems older.

"Elijah, what's wrong." I say pulling him aside.

"Nothing Ms Jameson."

I pull his face to mine and kiss him. He doesn't kiss me back. He jerks back.

"That was very unprofessional Ms Jameson." He tells me in a stone cold voice.

There was no emotion in his voice at all.

"Do you love me?" I ask.

"I don't love you. I never did. It was lust brought on by my young age. Now stop living a fairy tale Lorelei." He scolded me.

"Whatever happened to me and you forever until I get sick and tired of you?" I ask.

"I got sick and tired of you. Then I grew up. I suggest you do too miss Jameson."

I can't handle it anymore. I break away from him and speed up. He speeds up to match my stride.

"What happened? I thought you were sick and tired of me?" I ask disgustedly.

"We are stuck with each other."

"Well then consider us unstuck."

I break into a run. I sprint down the hallways until I pass him.

"Wonderful try Commander however I don't think that worked." Elijah jeered.

I break down and sob on the floor.

"Sorry but crying on the floor won't do anything princess." He snarled.

"This isn't the Elijah I know!" I yell.

"Oh sure it is. You just haven't seen this side of me." He taunts.

I fall further down the wall and hit the floor.

"Your little temper tantrum won't do anything for you." He whispers.

I wake up suddenly. This causes a sharp pain to shoot up my leg. I yell out in pain.

Someone yells in the distance. I can't understand what they are saying.

"Help!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

The sound of silence fills the air and threatens to drown me. Maybe I didn't hear anyone. Maybe I am just hallucinating and I am about to die.

"Lorelei." This time I am barely able to make out the noise. They sound closer.

I start crawling forward. Pain shoots up my body and black spots dance at the edges of my vision.

"Help!" I call out.

"Lorelei!" They yell back.

I crawl faster. I need to get to them. I put my knee on the ground knowing that it could very well hurt me even more.

Oh how right I was. I didn't even feel that much pain. It was numbed by my ambition. I raced as fast as I could calling out whenever I could. The ground shakes a little as heavy feet pound against it.

I don't move anymore. I just feel the small vibrations within the ground. What am I even waiting for? I feel so content right here. Happy even. I stop worrying. It feels nice not to worry.

Why do I worry in the first place? I have no idea. From the few things I could see, I saw a pair of black military boots. I feel myself get hoisted off the ground and into the air.

My unknown savior holds me in his arms and calls out to his buddy. I don't hear his name though. I am too far gone.