Alivia

I finally dragged myself out of bed. I spent a good twenty four hours just sitting there. My family needed me and I wasn't there. However maybe it was good for Indiana to spend the last few hours with Luna Rose. I mean he really has only spent a few months with his daughter.

I walked into the locker rooms and took a shower. I looked like trash. Tear stains running down my face and I honestly look more dead than alive. I felt more dead than alive. However I still got in that shower and I was determined to get my life back together. I couldn't break down now.

When I was still reluctant to go back out into civilization Tori got me. She dragged me away from the locker room.

"Alivia, I need your help." She glanced behind her as if watching for someone.

Of course the one time I am in no shape to help anyone is when they need my help the worst. I sighed and put my hands on my temples.

"Sure." I sigh.

I'm tired but Tori really looks like she needs my help.

"I shouldn't even be down here." Tori muttered.

"What?" I asked but she pretended she didn't hear me.

We walked up the stairs and I knew where we were going. The Labs. Tori, Sage and Faed practically live there now.

"Hey I've never seen you when we eat or Sage or even Faed anymore. Where do you go?" I asked them.

Tori sighed but didn't say anything. She is tiptoeing around a subject I can tell. When I entered the lab, Sage caught one look at me and dragged Tori into one of the labs and shut the door.

He looked really mad at her. Tori was arguing back with him with such ferocity that she was glowing.

I've noticed that the Brights often glow when they have intense emotions. Including the transformed ones. When Sage walked back out his face was deadly still.

"Alivia, you need to leave now ." He spoke through his teeth.

"Tori needs me. I'm not going." I tell him with an even tone.

"Tori, no offense, is an idiot. You need to leave now." Sage warned me.

I know now that I should have listened to Sage but I was an idiot like Tori.

"Guys suddenly I'm not feeling so well. I think I might go lay down." I said with a sudden headache.

Sage sighed and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I apologize for Tori's idiotic actions." He sighs.

"What is wrong? I want to know." I protest.

Tori looks at Sage and Sage sighs but doesn't protest.

"Faed started working on finding a cure for the virus. He didn't know he had a cut in his suit and he got contaminated. Then he carried the virus to the two of us. Tori isn't affected but she can still carry the virus." Sage sighed.

"Does that mean?" I stammer off.

"Yes. You are contaminated. We are under quarantine and I guess you are now too." Tori explained.

I collapsed into a chair and Tori exclaimed as she ran over to me.

"No I'm fine, I just. I'm going to die." I was almost crying now.

"You aren't going to die. I'm creating an antidote." Faed entered the room.

He was looking a little worse for wear. He was slouching and his eyes looked like they were having a difficult time focusing. I was certain we were doomed.

"No offense but I'm not sure you are in the best shape to be working right now." I tell him.

"If I can stand I can work, now I think this virus adapts to the person it infects so Alivia I need Saliva, urine, skin, and tissue samples." Faed laughs like he heard the world's funniest joke.

"It's kind of sad that I will look like that in the next few hours." Sage sighed.

"How long have you guys been infected?" I asked.

"Not long. Two days." Tori piped in.

"How long do you assume we will live with it until we finally die?" I ask.

"Maybe a week." Sage guesstimated.

"Do I really need to give all the samples?" I asked the two of them.

"He may be insane but he still is right about his work. That's why we let him continue." Sage explains to me.

"Right."

I walk into the labs and do all the samples. I turn them over to Faed and he has a field day with them. It was like a drug addict over a shot of the drug.

It was scary to be honest. He is obsessing but it was working. I just keep thinking about poor Tomas who was being observed before he finally went insane and died. I got a little bored sitting on the hospital beds so I went to Faed.

He was scary while working but Tori was trying to figure out how to switch the Virus's effects to Brights and Sage was sleeping.

Faed was looking even worse. He was foaming at the mouth and almost looked like a rabid dog.

"What are you doing in here?" He ran at me with such intense speed I stumbled back a few seconds.

"I was going to help you." I whimpered.

He looked at me intensely. Like he didn't believe I was there to help. Now that he was closer I could see his eyes were rimmed with black and his once blue pupils were black.

He smelled awful. Like the dead. I began to walk backwards for the door. He grabbed my arm and pinned me against the wall I was backed up against.

"Stay. You will help me find a cure." He ordered.

When he let me go I hesitantly walked over to a station. He was watching me openly. I felt really uncomfortable.

"I need some of Bright DNA." I told Faed.

He backed up and pulled some out of a drawer and I got to work trying to extract it.