Christmas Part Two

Chapter 12

"Morning, Natsukiiii!" Sayori called, running up to meet her friend.

"Hey, Sayo." Natsuki nodded in greeting as the two now made their way towards the school.

"So it looks like we get the next two days off for Christmas! Isn't that cool?" Sayori grinned, giggling.

"Yeah. That means you gotta give Monika that present today, though." Natsuki smirked.

"And you've gotta give Yuri that tupperware full of blueberry cookies in your bag." Sayori nudged her.

"H-How'd you know?!" Natsuki said, defensively gripping her bag to her chest as if Sayori could see straight through it.

"I have a sixth sense when it comes to your cooking, remember?" Sayori laughed as Natsuki blushed deeply.

"Say, since we're getting their gifts today, wanna go ahead and give each other our gifts today too?" Sayori suggested.

Natsuki shrugged, unzipping her bag as Sayori did the same, stopping at the curb.

Natsuki and Sayori held the gifts behind their backs and counted to three.

Sayori held out the scarf, while Natsuki outstretched a new sky blue beanie.

Sayori gasped, grinning widely as she snatched the hat and placed it on her head.

She twirled around Natsuki, wrapping the scarf around her neck as she did so.

"Thanks, Nat!" Sayori hugged her friend tightly.

"Yeah yeah. Thanks, too..." Natsuki blushed, hiding her face behind the scarf while crossing her arms over her chest.

They laughed, continuing their trek to school side by side.

~~~

"Oh! Yuri!" Sayori said once they arrived, having spotted the quiet, mysterious girl.

"Oh, h-hello, Sayori.. H-Hello, N-N-Natsuki..." Yuri said the last part very quietly, blushing softly.

"H-Hey, Yuri." Natsuki waved, blushing as well.

"We got you something!" Sayori said, slinging an arm around Natsuki's shoulders while the shorter girl huffed in annoyance, shrugging her off.

"Y-You did?" Yuri asked, smiling softly.

"Yeah!" Sayori said, reaching into her bag.

She handed Yuri three books she had gotten from her bookshelf, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

"I didn't know if you'd read 'em or not, but I thought maybe you'd like something like this!" Sayori explained.

"Why, t-thank you, Sayori." Yuri said, taking them into her arms.

"Nat got you something too. Right, Nat?" Sayori teased with a smirk, watching her friend tense.

Natsuki shakily reached into the bag, pulling out a plastic bowl filled to the brim with small blueberry cookies of different shapes.

"B-Blueberry... M-My favourite." Yuri said softly as Natsuki set them atop the books in her hold.

"R-Really? I had no idea." Natsuki lied, zipping her bag back up.

Sayori giggled softly, slowly backing away to let the two talk some more.

"Sayori..." Monika said, catching the girl's attention.

Sayori spun around to face Monika, making the older girl's breath hitch in her throat.

Sayori seemed cuter than usual; strawberry blonde hair sticking out beneath a sky blue hat, her bye eyes sparkling from the white of the snow, and her cheeks and nose pinkened from cold.