A Normal Day

Chapter 36

Sayori woke with a grunt the next morning, feeling a heavy weight against her.

"Natsukiiii, get oooff meee." she groaned, pushing against the girl who was wrapped into her lap.

Natsuki mumbled something incoherent, wrapping her arms and legs tighter around her friend.

"C'mon, Nat! We have school!" Sayori pushed rougher this time, causing the smaller girl to fall sideways onto the couch with an oof.

"Huh? What? I'm up!" Natsuki muttered groggily, rubbing her eyes.

"Then come on! We're gonna be late!" Sayori tugged Natsuki to her feet against the girl's protests.

"Okay okay! Stop yanking me!" Natsuki pulled her arm out of Sayori's grasp with a huff.

"Sorry! But we have to hurry!" Sayori insisted, grabbing her bag.

She snaked her fingers through her short hair, fixing the red bow to sit properly.

"What about breakfast?" Natsuki whined as she was once again seized by the arm.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise!" Sayori said, sloppily sliding on her shoes.

"You better, Sayori Easton!" Natsuki cried angrily.

As the two began sprinting oit the door, they were startled by the sound of a car horn.

"Where do you two think you're going?" Monika smirked from the curb.

"Moni!" Sayori ran towards the car, Natsuki on her heels.

"H-Hey, N-Natsuki..." Yuri mumbled shyly from the passenger's seat.

"H-Hi.." Natsuki nodded in greeting.

"You two just gonna stand there or are you getting in?" Monika joked.

"Thanks, Moni!" Sayori kissed her cheek before opening the door and sliding into the backseat.

Natsuki hesitantly joined, sitting directly behind Yuri.

~~~

"Thanks for the ride, Nik." Natsuki said, gazing at the ground to stop her eyes from wandering to Yuri.

"No problem, Ski." Monika ruffled her hair, earning a smack from the pinkette.

"See ya, Sayo!" Monika gave Sayori a quick kiss on the lips.

"Bye!" Sayori waved cheerfully.

"When did you and Monika get so close?" Sayori smirked, nudging her friend in the shoulder.

"Hey! I don't have to tell you everything." Natsuki blushed.

"Awe~! My bestie and my sweetie getting along~, sooo cuuute!" Sayori sang, skipping down the hall with Natsuki reluctantly at her side.

"Shut the hell up!" Natsuki growled, blushing deeper.

"Okay okay." Sayori rolled her eyes with a grin.