Dev

Chapter 14

(Ah, yes. Time for tragedy to strike... Also is it just me or do I have the chapters wrong? I keep feeling like this is chapter 15 for some reason...)

After the few day break Sayori was anxious to go to school.

She and Natsuki had barely spoken since after the party and Sayori and Monika hasn't so much as exchanged a text.

I can't really blame her.. She probably hates me now... Thinks I'm gross...

Sayori sighed, pulling on her happy face as she shoved her rainclouds to the back of her mind.

She and Natsuki began the walk to school in an awkward silence.

"Hey, Nat?" Sayori asked suddenly.

Natsuki tensed, it was the first time the girl had said two words to her in days.

"I just wanted to apologize." Sayori said, pressing her fingers together.

"Don't. It's okay. I snapped when I didn't need to. It's my bad." Natsuki said.

"Yeah, I just felt bad." Sayori explained.

"Wanna talk about it?" Natsuki said, taking a seat on the sidewalk.

Sayori sighed, sitting beside her as she explained what happened and what she thought about it.

"I just.... I.. I'm worried she... hates me now..." Sayori finished explaining, hugging her knees to her chest.

"I'm sure that's not true." Natsuki assured her, placing a hand on Sayori's back comfortingly.

"What if you're wrong? What if things will be awkward from now on?" Sayori worried, hugging her knees even tighter.

"Well, you're gonna have to find that out yourself, Sayo." Nat said, giving Sayori the old tough-love treatment.

She stood, holding a hand to Sayori as she helped the blonde to her feet.

"Thanks, Nat..." Sayori said with a sad smile.

"No problem. And hey, if Park really does try and give you shit, let me know. She'll have to answer to me." Natsuki said with a smirk, pointing her thumb towards herself.

"You're the best!" Sayori hugged her tightly, this time the hug being returned weakly.

"Let's go before we're late." Natsuki said, pushing from Sayori's embrace as the blonde nodded happily, now skipping towards the school.

~~~

"Sayori Easton to the principal's office, Sayori Easton to the principal's office." a voice called over the intercom.

Sayori sighed, it was almost time for club! What was so important it couldn't wait?

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Sayori said shyly, stepping into the room.

There stood a man in a police uniform, his hands behind his back as he smiled at Sayori.

"Hello, miss. I stopped by your house but no one was home. The school has no records of where your mother works, so I thought I'd come ask you if you could tell me?" the man said.

"Why do you need my mom? Is something wrong, officer?" Sayori asked, growing worried.

"Actually, yes... Have a seat." he said, smiling sadly as he sat down and motioned to the chair beside him.