Moonlace

Leo's heart was beating in his ears, his pulse thundering beneath his skin. He tapped his feet on the marble floor of the elevator, excitedly, nervously. Frank and Hazel had just gotten off the elevator, leaving to wander the entirety of their floor with one another, just like the lovesick couple they were. Leo remembered when he'd been smitten with Hazel. Maybe if wasn't a two way thing, but it seemed to have been the closest he had gotten to love, well, until he met her, that is. She was beautiful, her caramel hair tied up in a loose ponytail, her almond eyes staring into the depths of his soul, her movements, the way she flowed when she walked. Leo had never truly experienced love, but he knew that she was his one and only. 

     After what seemed like forever, the elevator slowed to a stop, letting out a soft ding!, as the doors slid open. He hurried off, barely taking in the backdrop that welcomed him. It displayed a beautiful bonfire in the middle of a forest. He rushed to the end, peering in both hallways before choosing the one that was illuminated by a soft silver light. He walked slowly, his nerves acting up. Finally, he approached the end of the hallway, slowing down to a stop. In front of him, written in beautiful silver swirls, was her name.

     Calypso

     He grinned, raising his fist and knocking excitedly on the door. He waited.

     One, two, there, four seconds, and the door swung open.

     She was standing before him in all her glory, her hair flowing down her back and across her shoulders. Her almond eyes as magnificent as always. She had changed into a white cotton shirt and simple jeans. Leo had never seen anybody more beautiful.

     "Leo," she said in a melodious, soft voice. A grin split his face, his entire person lighting up like the sun.

     "Hey Sunshine."

     She rushed forward, her body crashing into his own, knocking the wind out of his lungs. He hugged her back, arms wrapping around her slim figure, running his fingers through her silky hair. He felt happy tears prickle his eyes and he didn't bother to wipe them away.

     "It's been quite a while, what've you been up to?" She didn't respond, only burying her face deeper into his shoulder. He took that moment to look past her, straight into her room. Her walls  were painted silver and were covered by beautiful solver flowers, all of which seemed to shimmer in their own way. The columns holding up her large, majestic bed were covered in the same flowers. 

     "Do you want to come tour my room with me, Sunshine?," he asked her. 

     She released her grip on him and took a step back. He immediately regretted breaking the moment. 

     "Of course," she said. She grabbed his hand and dragged him down the other hallway. The end of this hallway had a door with the placard labelled with his name in amber orange. He squeeCalypso's hand in his own, then swung the door open. His room was red-orange, The wall behind his wooden bed decorated with shelves lined with tools and gadgets. The wall across his bed held a large TV with an amber frame. The bathroom off to the side was also red-orange with wooden decorations.

     "This is my room?," he gasped in awe. 

     "Well, it did have your name on it," Calypso chuckled adorably. He had never had anything like this. It felt as if everything he had ever dreamed of was being handed to him. He lived in a mansion with his friends, he had a nice room, and he had a beautiful girl to share his love and experiences with. He continued the tour of his room, sliding open the wooden doors to his walk-in closet. Just like the rest of the room, it had a brown-amber scheme. In the closet, a multitude of clothes wireline up, clearing a path to a wooden backdrop at the end. He glanced at the backdrop and made his way over it, brushing his hand against the fine wood. 

     He gasped when the backdrop fell away, revealing a workshop. It was beautiful. There was a blazing fire at the middle of everything and heaps of scrap metal and wood lying everywhere. Tools were arranged strategically on a cart and on a metal table there was a stack of...something. He looked at Calypso who was smiling reassuringly at him. He smiled back and approached the stack. The sound he let out when he noticed that it was a stack of electronics was not an excited squeal, no it wasn't. There was a laptop and an iPhone, each complete with a matching case which sported a flaming hammer. On top of them both was a note.

It's been a while, my son.

I understand that you were not thrilled when Chiron told you and your friends that you'd be going through high school, but you must understand that it is what you need. It is for the best. In order to progress and evolve, demigods must be able to communicate with regular mortals. To make your journey a bit more enjoyable, I have designed this room for you, and I encouraged Zeus to allow Calypso to join you. You must be warned that school will be a learning experience. You will encounter situations and people that will test your will and your friendships, but you are strong and I know that you will emerge better than you've ever been. Here is a gift that Athena and I have developed for all of you. Monster-proof devices. Please use them with care and enjoy your time in the mortal world.

Your father

Hephaestus 

     Suddenly, his new phone started ringing. Leo picked it up and saw Jason's name flashing on the screen. He answered it and put it to his ear. 

     He heard the disgusting sound of lips on lips on the other side and gagged. Jason was making out with Piper and had probably butt dialed him. He listened to this go on for a minute and was about to clear his throat when he heard,

     "Please Jason, I need you."    

     His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. That wasn't Piper. That voice wasn't Piper at all. It was Annabeth. 

     "No way," he gasped.

     He felt rage and betrayal bubble up from the pit of his stomach and he wanted to puke. His best friend was cheating on his other best friend with her best friend. Before Jason or Annabeth could reply, he was already storming out of his room, Calypso following behind him like a lost puppy.

Wellllllllll hello. It's been a while. Oops. It's been about three years since I've started this story and I thought I'd be done with it by now, buuuutttttt. I'm sorry for making everybody wait. I was going to have a Frank and Hazel section too, but I forgot where I was going to go with that chapter so I just skipped to this one instead. I don't want to be one of those authors who forgets about them because I know that they need to be appreciated more, so they'll get their own chapters, hopefully soon...if I decide I'll continue with this story :/ For all of you who are still here...wow. You guys are actually dedicated readers and I don't know how to thank you. I'm sorry if I disappointed anybody with my nonexistent updating, but I can't promise that I'll finish this. I also know that Jason died in Trial of Apollo trying to save Piper and I was so sad. I know it might seem like I don't like him because of this book, but I had to make him like this in order for the plot to work and Percy and Piper to get together. I actually think that Jason was a good character, and although I didn't like him as much as I liked Percy, he definitely did not deserve die. I really hope Uncle Rick decides to bring him back, but the chances are pretty slim. Anyway, thanks for staying. I don't think I'll be giving up yet, but I'm not sure anymore. Bye for now. 

~Reyna~