Chapter 1: speed vs strength

Ravens pov

I was dead asleep when all of the sudden my alarm started going off. I quickly turn it off. I then stand up and stretch.

Raven: Oh shit todays the first day of me training leo.

I grab my combat gear and my sword and walk out of the dorm roon. As im walking i see taiyang and summer walking and talking.

Raven: wait why are those 2 together?

I shrug it off thinking that there just hanging out as friends. Eventually i get to the place where i told leo to meet me. Only to see that he was sitting there training with his knives. So i walk up to leo and put a hand on his shoulder.

Raven: Hey leo.

He turns around to face me. Only for his face to go pale when he sees me.

Leos pov

There she was raven branwen the girl who had more or less forced me into training with her. She gives me a smirk as she starts looking at me.

Raven: you seem pretty skilled with those knives.

I nod slowly as i spin them around in my hands.

Leo: yeah you could say that.

Raven: well before i start training you in the way of the katana i wanna see how good you are with those knives.

I nod as i get into my fighting stance. Raven smirks as he she draws her katana. She then runs at me and trys to slash me with her katana. But i quickly use one of my knives to block her attack. I then deliver 3 quick slashes to ravens gut. Ravens eyes widen as she quickly trys to slash me again. But i quickly slide under her legs and slash her across the back.

Raven: stand still!

Leo: Nope.

I then use my semblance to run right up to move with insane speeds. Ravens eyes widen as she is barely able to dodge my knife.

 Ravens eyes widen as she is barely able to dodge my knife

A/n: like so

After that i quickly deliver a fast sweep kick to raven making her fall to the ground. As shes recovering i take this chance to put one of my knives up to her neck making her unable to move without me slitting her neck.

Raven: h-how?? No one has ever beaten me before!

Leo: well if i was using my katana theres no way i would beat you.

Raven: still i had a katana and you had 2 knives how did you win?!

Leo: i guess speed beats strength.

I put both of my knives back in there sheaths before turning to walk off. But raven quickly stands up and grabs my arm.

Raven: we arent done yet. I still have to train you in the way of the katana. So lets get to work.

I nod as i draw my katana and run at her.

A/n: cliffhanger what will happen next time well find out in the next chapter.