Chapter 10: Ryder

Cora's POV

We ran into the house and started searching everywhere for any sort of clue. I went to the kitchen and gasped.

"Beau! I found something!"

"What? What is it?"

"A note. I know who did this."

"Who?"

"Ryder."
——————————————————————————
We had started to drive to my old pack and I was growing more anxious to see Lizzy again. I didn't know what Ryder was capable of at this point. I still couldn't believe he had kidnapped Lizzy. She is just a child.

The note had said to come to Midnight Pack and go to the north border and for only me to go. Obviously Beau wasn't going to let that happen.

As we got closer, he got out of the car and I started driving. I got to the border and parked the car. I slowly approached the fence.

"Ryder! Ryder, where are you?!?"

"Hey babe" he said as he came into view with a smirk. 

"Where's Liz?" I questioned.

"She's safe. For now."

"What do you want?" I said with disgust on my tongue.

"Now why do you have to be like that? Isn't it obvious? I want you."

"That's not going to happen. I'm with Beau."

"That sorry excuse for an Alpha? He's nothing. A worthless mut who needs to learn his place."

"You killed his sister and mother! You cheated on me!"

"They deserved it! They are disgrace to this species. I always loved you. You are the only one for me."

"I don't love you! You are an awful person! And I'm with Beau and that's how it will stay." At this he lunches at me and pressed me against a tree.

"Ryder! Get off of me!"

"Oh come on. Let's have some fun" he said as he kissed my neck. I squirmed and tried to shove him off but he became even more forceful. I managed to knee him in his dick and pushed him to the ground. I started to run deep into the woods.

"Beau! Where are you?" I got more and more worried. As I ran further, I heard footsteps behind me and knew they were Ryder's. He quickly pounced on him and I crashed into the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Ryder! Stop!" I screamed as I tried to get him off. He was trying to kiss me again as I squirmed underneath him. He was starting to unzip his pants and then we heard growls all around us. Ryder got up and looked around us.

"Who's there? I'm the beta of the Midnight Pack!" As he said these words he was thrown off his feet and landed with a thud. 5 wolves circled him, baring their teeth. They were rogues.

Ryder tried to fight them but there were too many of them and they won. Biting and scratching him all over. As he was bleeding out, they turned to me. I scooted back in fear. But then they started to shift into their human forms. There were 4 guys and a woman who all walked towards me.

"Please. Please, don't hurt me."

"We're not going to hurt you." The one man said. "You're Beau's mate. We smelled him on you and knew instantly. Him and his family have taken care of us for years. My name is Nate."

"Well thank you for your help." I said as I glanced at Ryder's motionless body.

"He deserved it. We quite enjoyed it" he said as they all smiled.

"Do you know where Beau is?"

"They took him. Your father and his guards. There were too many for us to fight them back. They took him inside the pack."

"Thank you for all you've done but I have to get my mate." I said with a small smile and they nodded back. I started to run in the direction of the border.
—————————————————————————
I sneaked into up to the back of my old house. It was weird being back. I never thought I would return after what happened the last time. But finding Beau and Liz was more important.

Then I heard it. My mate's howls of pain. It was the worst thing I had ever heard and shook me to my core. I needed to find him.

I slowly opened the back door and crept inside. And there she was. Liz was sitting on the couch watching cartoons and my mom was sitting next to her.

Then Liz saw me.
——————————————————————————

Richard Madden- Nate