Chapter 12: Tortured

Cora's POV

I've been pacing the pack hospital floor for hours now. The longer his surgery was taking the worse I felt.

As soon as we had arrived at the pack gate, Beau was rushed off to the hospital and Luke and I had went with him. Natalie, Emily, and Lizzy met us there. Nate went back to his home outside the pack.

"Luna Cora"

I turned and I saw the pack doctor walking towards me. No one has ever called me that before and it was strange to hear.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's stable. We had to but him into a medically induced coma due to the injuries he sustained. He has 3 broken ribs, one of them was puncturing his lung. He also has many deep cuts and burns all over his body. If he wasn't an Alpha, he would have died."

Tears began to fill my eyes as I processed what she told me. "Will he be okay?"

"With proper healing time he will be. Until his lung is healed, he will remain in the coma. Hopefully he will be awake in a few days."

"T-thank you for all you've done" I said holding back tears. I turned to face my now family who looked at me for answers. "He needs time to heal but he'll be okay."

"Oh thank goddess" Emily said as she hugged Lizzy. Natalie and Luke came up and hugged me.

"I have to call his betas with the news." I stepped away and called Jessie, they were both extremely happy that Beau would be okay but until then they have to run the pack since I'm not married to him yet.

"Do you need anything? What can I help with?" Natalie and Luke asked.

"Nothing. You both have done plenty. I just want to be with him."

"You both are welcome at our house. We have some spare rooms that I can take you to. I'm sure you don't want to go back right now." Emily offered.

"Yes, thank you" Natalie responded. They all left to the house, leaving me in the waiting room. I walked towards Beau's room and slowly opened the door.

It was so hard to see him like this. Not being able to breathe on his own. He is such a strong person that seeing him so vulnerable was hard to take in.

I took a seat on the chair beside his bed. I just realized how tired I was so I leaned forward and rested my head on the bed, taking his hand in mine before falling asleep.
——————————————————————————
"Cora. Cora, wake up"

It was Emily. I slowly raised my head as I was greeted with a breakfast sandwich she made for me.

"Thanks" I said as she offered it to me.

"Sweetie, it's been 5 days. You need to sleep in a real bed."

"But I need to be here when he wakes up. He should be awake by now." I said looking at Beau with fear.

"I'm sure he's alright. Maybe he just wants some extra sleep" she said as she offered a small smile.

"Luna Cora! There you are. I need to tell you something." Jessie called as he ran into the hospital room.

"What is it?"

"We found out why your family took Alpha Beau. They wanted to know where his brother was. So much so that they tortured him for it."

"But he doesn't have a brother" Emily stated.

"I know. Which is why this is so bizarre. Why would your family think that?"

"I have no idea. How did you find this out?"

"The babysitter who was watching Lizzy when she was taken." Emily tensed. "We have been questioning her and she finally gave us some answers. Apparently, she had been sleeping with Ryder in order to get revenge on the Alpha. Ryder convinced her to take Lizzy to Midnight Pack."

"Why would she want revenge on Beau?"

They both exchanged glances before Emily said, "she had been with Beau a couple of times before you got here. She was jealous when you arrived. I guess she decided to take it out on you as well."

"I want to talk to her."

"What? Luna, I have to advise against it." Jessie argued.

"She might know who they meant by his brother. We need to know." I said as I stood from the chair. "Take me to her."

"Yes, Luna" He said as we walked out.
——————————————————————————