Chapter 11: Saving Him

Cora's POV

I froze. Liz jumped up off the couch and ran towards me with her arms outstretched.

"Auntie Cora! Your mom told me I would see you!" She said as she jumped into my arms.

"Oh she did? How did you know?"

"Ryder told me that he would save you from that Pack. Where is he?"

"He's in the woods. He was attacked" I said, not wanting Liz to know what really happened. "Where's Beau?"

"That's none of your concern. He's in our territory now."

"None of my concern?! He's my mate!"

"You haven't married him yet and you don't have his bite so you still have a chance to leave him."

"I'm not leaving him!"

"It's not up to you. Your father may be okay sending you away but I'm not. Now, put down Liz and sit."

"I'm not staying. I'm getting my mate and we're leaving with Liz."

"No you're not." She said as she pulled out a gun from the back of her jeans and pointed it at me. "You will not continue to humiliate this family and this pack. Now sit."

"M-m-mom. What are you doing?" I said as I put down Liz and told her to sit down. I put up my hands in surrender. "Just calm down."

"You don't get to tell me what to do. I'm your mother."

"Not anymore. You made that very clear." 

"Then I rather you die than continue this charade with him." She said as she continued to aim at me.  Then I heard it.

A gunshot.

I heard Liz screaming and I braced myself for the pain but I only felt slight pain in my arm and I looked at her. She was on the ground with blood flowing from her head. I rushed over and looked to see who had done it.

"Natalie? How are you here?" I asked as my best friend came out from the kitchen.

"Didn't they tell you? I'm Luke's mate! I heard the arguing and came downstairs. Then I saw her pointing a gun at you and couldn't let her kill you.

"Thank you. I owe you." I said as I hugged her. Liz rushed over to us and I heard Luke running down the stairs.

"What happened?!" He asked.

"Mom. She tried to kill me. But Natalie saved me."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I was trying to convince her to get you back and let you be with us and him. But she wouldn't hear it." 

"There's nothing you could have done. She was determined. Where's Beau?"

He looked at me with shock. "He's here?"

"Yeah. He came with me to help. I have to find him. Can you take Liz back to Black Rose? Tell the guards I sent you." 

"Of course, Cora. Please be safe." Natalie said but Luke insisted on coming with me to find Beau. We started searching everywhere for clues as to where he was. Then I heard a deafening growl emit from what sounded like underneath us. I didn't know we had a basement. But Luke did and he lead the way. We ran downstairs and started heading down this long hallway, looking for where the growl came from.

It was dimly lit and very narrow. Everything was slightly damp and there was an awful aroma that engulfed us.

We opened every door and finally I opened the right one.

There he was. Hunched over and covered in blood. It looked a scene from a horror movie. I ran over to him.

"What are you doing here?!" One of my fathers guarda yelled as he approached me. He tried to grab me but Luke hit him over the head with a crowbar that was sitting on the table.

"Beau? Beau? Please, please be okay" I pleaded with him but there was no response. I draped his arm over my shoulder and started to try to get him up but he was too heavy for me. Thankfully, Luke grabbed his other arm and helped me walk him out.

We quickly snuck into the woods near the border and managed to find a hole in the fence. We got to the other side and started to head deeper into the woods.

"Where are we going?" Luke questioned.

"Trying to find someone to help. Nate! Nate, where are you?"

"Who is Nate?" And then he appeared and looked at Beau with shock.

"I need your help. We have to get him to Black Rose."

"Come with me. We have a car near here." We hurried to it and Nate started to drive with Luke in the passenger seat and me in the back trying to get Beau to respond.

But he wouldn't.
——————————————————————————