7| The New CEO

What can we do? We did the official thing.
So we have to follow the rules.

- Love Maze

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Upon reaching the venue, chauffeurs opened the doors of both sides for them. Jungkook got out first, and walked around to Jihye's side. He held out his hand, which Jihye accepted to get up. Luckily, she wasn't having any vertigo now.

As she stood up, Jungkook let go of her hand and wrapped his arm around her waist. They walked inside and were greeted with both admiring and curious looks from the guests. "There you are," Mr. Jeon's voice could be heard.

He approached them and said, "Walk around a little bit. Jungkook, introduce Jihye to our relatives and partners."

"Yes, Father."

"I'll be making the announcement about half an hour later," he added and was immediately swept away by some other, very close guests.

"Do you want to sit down?" Jungkook asked Jihye pointing to the round tables arranged for dinner.

"No, didn't you hear him? You have to go meet people," Jihye replied stubbornly. ''Besides, I'm feeling better now."

"Fine, let's go," he said and slowly started to walk with his hand still in position. Jihye glanced around and couldn't help but admire the luxurious hall. It was decorated beautifully, with a little stage in front from where Mr. Jeon would be making his announcement.

Her eyes caught the sight of some relatives and friends from the wedding who waved at her. She waved back and smiled. Jungkook introduced her to some people near them while roaming around.

"Jungkookie!" Jihye heard a deep, velvety voice and turned around to find a very handsome guy approaching them. He looked like Jimin's age.

"Hyung!" Jungkook grinned from ear to ear at his appearance and that really amused Jihye.

"I'd have done the handshake but apparently, it's not an appropriate gesture right now," Jihye could see his smile was cute and box-like. "Jihye, right? I'm Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's very dear brother and video gaming partner," he held up his hand.

Jihye shook it politely. "By the way, Jihye, you look great," Taehyung shot her a playful wink and Jihye's cheeks felt hot.

"Thank you," she managed to blurt out. She felt Jungkook's body tense and his hold on her waist get a bit stronger.

"There you are, Tae!" Another tall, good-looking guy came towards them. "Jungkook-ah! And you must be Jihye?" He smiled and Jihye found his dimples very cute.

"That I am," she said.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, Taehyung's older brother. Sorry we missed the wedding, we just flew in yesterday from Florida."

"Namjoon, Taehyung!" Mrs. Jeon walked over to them and patted the boys on the back affectionately. "Where are your parents? And Seokjin?"

"Mom's still suffering from the jet-lag and Dad decided to stay back home with her. Jin hyung came with us, he must be here somewhere," Taehyung replied.

"Well, we didn't expect Jungkook to get married this early. But congratulations and best wishes for both of you," Namjoon said sincerely.

That seemed to have taken them aback. So it took a moment for Jungkook to reply, "Thank you, hyung."

Taehyung said hesitantly, "Hey, Jihye? Do you mind if we steal Jungkook for a little bit?"

Jungkook looked at Jihye, and there was something in his eyes that made her reply instantly, "Not at all."

Jungkook let go of her and discretely whispered, "Call me if you're not feeling well," before walking off with the two Kim brothers.

"Jihye-ah, come with me," Mrs. Jeon said and they started walking together. "The Kims are a beautiful family and our best business partners," she complimented.

Jihye nodded understandingly, and she continued, "There's the oldest son. Seokjin!" She called him.

Another guy with sharp and distinct features walked over with a smile and greeted them. "So, you're 'the one' for Jungkook!" He teased Jihye. She introduced herself formally.

Mrs. Jeon was called by her husband, so Jihye walked around talking with Seokjin.

"So, Seokjin Oppa-"

He cut her off and said, "It's Jin for you. That's what close people call me."

Jihye smiled and just then Mr. Jeon's voice could be heard over the mic. "Well, I'll see you later," Jin smiled and gave her a nod.

His position was immediately replaced by Jungkook. He took her hand and said, "It's time."

At Mr. Jeon's request, everyone sat down at the tables. He started speaking, "When I first entered the office as the CEO, I felt such emotions no words could describe. And I know what my son will have to go through - the exact same thing."

Jihye felt Jungkook's hold on her hand getting harder, and she whispered, "Relax." The voice could be heard again. "But if there's only one person in the world who has the nerve to handle it and become prosperous at the same time, it's my son."

"Look how much he trusts you," Jihye said encouragingly.

"That's what worries me," Jungkook replied.

Mr. Jeon continued on, "Now, I'd like to request my son, Jungkook, the new CEO of Jeon Industries to come on stage." A series of applause could be heard as Jungkook and Jihye walked on to the stage.

"May I, also, introduce my beautiful daughter-in-law, who's nothing less than a daughter, Park.. well, now Jeon Jihye," Mr. Jeon said his last comment and got down from stage as Jungkook said a few words followed by cheers and applause. Then they both got down from stage.

"Well, you did great," Jihye reassured him.

He smiled, asking, "Where do you want to sit?"

Jihye scanned the room, and said, "There." Jungkook followed her gaze to find Jimin sitting with the Kims. They walked towards them, and took their seats.

"Congrats, Jungkook!" Exclaimed Jin.

"Yeah, that was actually very confident," Taehyung blabbered out.

''Jihye, for someone who doesn't care about makeup, you actually look fantastic," Jimin told his sister.

"See? I told you I could do it on my own," said Jihye proudly. "Where are our parents? I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever."

Jimin replied, "They sat with Mr. and Mrs. Jeon."

"These seats taken?" Yoongi came into view followed by Hoseok.

"Yoongi-ah! Obviously not," Namjoon smiled. As they took their seats between Jin and Namjoon, and Jin asked, "Hoseok-ah, want to hear a joke?"

Hoseok shook his head and said, "It's too bad for my honor." But he ended up listening to and laughing at it anyway. Jihye realised the guys must have been very close to each other, being best friends of Junghyun.

"When are you going back to college?" Jimin asked.

"I- ah," Jihye felt a sharp pain in her stomach, and let out a low groan.

"Are you okay?" Jimin shot her an inquisitive look.

''I'm-I'm fine. Next week," she replied and Jimin turned to talk to Jin.

But she wasn't fine at all. It was like she was getting stabbed on the stomach by a knife over and over again.
She could think of only one thing.

"Please don't tell me it's the day."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

I need some sleep. That's the note.