Epilogue pt. 2

❛❛You must come back home
Warmer than the hearts that left.
You must come back home
In this rough life.❜❜

- Come Back Home

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Finishing his statement, Jungkook walked into the room.

That was the last thing Jihye had expected; that Jungkook would be hearing all that she had just said.

"A word?" He asked, his expression stone cold. She walked towards him, a fearful feeling rising in her heart. The others didn't interrupt as an awkward silence surrounded them.

A feeling of guilt made its way into her stomach. Was it right for her to feel this way after all that he had done for her for the past few years?

He held her by the wrist and she followed him to their bedroom. He closed the door, not caring about the loud noise that it made in the process.

"Jungkook–" Without waiting for her to continue, he started to move towards her. With every step he took forward, she took one backward, too; until there was nowhere to go and she was pressed against the wall.

Jihye hung her head low. "Are you mad at me?"

Jungkook didn't reply, leading her to believe the dreadful truth. "I'm sorry. You deserved better treatment and I couldn't give it to you." The words came out like trickling water.

"Jihye, you gave me the best of treatment." To her surprise, his head was hung low, too.

He wasn't mad at her. Only at himself.

"I'm sorry I didn't understand what you were feeling."

"But it's my job to be there for you." He finally met her eye. "So whatever you feel, whatever is your answer – I'll accept it willingly."

Jihye extended her hand, placing it on his chest. "What did I do to deserve you?" She whispered, not looking into his eyes.

They both stayed like that for a good whole minute until she said, "Yes."

"Wait, wha–"

"Yes, I want to marry you," she explained. "I was worried that if we got married, this little world that we created for ourselves in the past five years would be destroyed. But now I know it won't. As long as we're together, it will exist."

"I love you," Jihye stated. "And I want to be with you for the rest of my life – be it with or without getting married."

He felt himself smile his signature bunny-toothed smile, and she smiled back. ''Now that I think of it, I didn't really get the chance to do it formally, did I?" He asked playfully, earning a breathy laugh from Jihye.

He took a step back, and instead of the ring, he pulled out his phone from his pocket, feeling its vibration. "It's from home," he said.

"Take it."

Jungkook received the call. Before he could say anything, he was stopped by his mother. Slowly, his eyes widened, breath hitched and knees gave up.