30| Betrayed

❛❛You can’t do this to me.
All of the things you said are like a mask.
It hides the truth and rips me apart.❜❜

- I Need You

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"I think I'm gonna be late tonight. Sorry. Have your dinner and don't wait up."

"I'm sorry, too, Jungkook," Jihye murmured, looking at the text Jungkook had sent her. "Because now I have to go to the parlour without you."

Jihye had been craving ice cream for the last few days, but there wasn't any at their apartment. There was an ice cream parlour nearby, however which they both loved going to. So, she could've easily gotten some ice cream from there.

But she refused to do so.

The first time Jihye went to that parlour was with Jungkook. He loved the mint chocolate ice cream they served. And she wanted to go there with him. Unfortunately, Jungkook had caught a bad cold, and ice cream would make it worse.

Jihye was standing firm with her decision of waiting till he got well – up until now.

The October air was quite chilly. Jihye put on her coat before walking out.

They say time flies by when you're with your loved one. That was the case for Jihye and Jungkook.

Two weeks had passed since their first time, and it had brought them even closer. Their exams were nearing with each passing day, not to mention Jungkook's duties at the office had increased. Even in the midst of all this, they were trying to find time for each other.

The weekends were a blast and the Friday nights felt like heaven. It was one of those Friday nights.

As soon as Jihye reached the street, something caught her eye. It was a very familiar figure. She looked closely at the window standing on the sidewalk on the other side. It was impossible for her to not recognize the sharp jawline or the dark hair.

It was Jungkook.

"But he told me he was going to be late," she thought, brows furrowing. And then she saw it. The other figure sitting across him at the booth.

It was a girl. Her long hair covered her cheek in such a way that Jihye couldn't make out who it was. But she was pretty sure she wouldn't recognize her even if she could see her face.

"There has to be a mistake," she told herself. "Jungkook would never cheat on me." But the next thing he did proved her wrong.

Jungkook held the girl's chin with his fingers while caressing her lips with his thumb. He leaned over the table towards her and Jihye turned around. She couldn't bear to watch it anymore.

She walked away from the parlour, as fast as she could, feeling of betrayal rising up in her heart. Was this how Junghyun had felt?

She walked hastily back to their apartment, occasionally stumbling because of her eyes that were getting bleary. She assumed thinking calmly after reaching the apartment would make things clear. But it didn't.

The apartment just reminded her more of the time she spent with Jungkook for the past two months.

"I love your smile. And I always want that smile to be because of me."

"Why?" She asked herself. "Wasn't I enough?" Sound of sobbing filled the apartment. "Why would you do this to me?"

"I love her more than myself and I don't think I can ever stop loving her."