32| Home

❛❛I'll be comfortable even if nothing is said.
If I have you, everywhere is home.❜❜

- Home

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"At least not for now."

The words kept ringing in Jungkook's ears and he wanted to step out of it. He wanted to reach out to her, ask her what was wrong, but he just couldn't.

It had been minutes, hours perhaps, when Jungkook finally opened his eyes and came back to his senses. His head still hurt but it was bearable. He tried to look around but his neck was stiff.

He sat up slowly and his eyes fell on Jihye's sleeping form on the armchair. He wanted to talk to her but didn't want to wake her at the same time. Then he noticed something clutched in her hand. A shirt. His shirt.

He was shirtless.

She shifted uncomfortably in her position and mumbled something. He observed her carefully. She squinted her eyes and they met his. That was enough to awake her completely.

''Oh, you're up," she muttered and straightened herself.

"Y-yeah," Jungkook replied. An awkward silence surrounded them, until Jungkook asked suddenly, "Did you take my shirt off?"

"Damn it, Jungkook. What a great way to start a conversation!'' He internally scolded himself.

"Uhm, yes," a faint blush appeared on Jihye's cheeks. "You were sweating like crazy in the middle of the night."

"O-oh," he said. "Hold up, in the middle of the night?"

"Yes. If I'm not wrong," Jihye checked her phone. "It's 48 minutes past 3 right now." They both stayed in silence, until Jihye got up from the arm chair.

"Wait, don't go. I still need to–"

She cut Jungkook off by saying, "I'm not going anywhere. This is my house." Embarrassment took hold of him as he realized how stupid he must've sounded.

She reluctantly placed her hand on his forehead. "The fever's gone," she said to herself.

"Wait, I had a fever?"

"Seems like you don't know anything at all," Jihye said, frustrated. "Can you please not play the dumb card, Jungkook?"

"Look," he grabbed Jihye's wrist as she removed her hand from his forehead. "I was worried sick when you didn't accept my calls or answer my texts. And then there was that letter."

His intense gaze on her face was somewhat intimidating to Jihye. "I thought I lost you," he finished.

"You did," she replied quietly.

"Jihye, I don't know what happened to you but whatever it is, just tell me."

"There you go again. Playing the dumb card," she replied sulkily before saying loudly, "What happened is that you cheated on me!"

"W-what?" Jungkook let go of Jihye's hand, shocked. "What makes you think that?"

"For once, don't play innocent!" She barked. "I saw you. At the parlour, with–with her. You said you were gonna be late. So this is why? Because you want to sneak off with her and–"