[ 35 ] Trouble in Paradise

➴         ➵        ➴       ➵      ➴      ➵

•   C H A P T E R

T H I R T Y    F I V E   •

"I can't believe your dad gave you condoms."

My cheeks aflame in reaction to his remark while he throws his head back due to his uncontrollable laugh — the sound only bringing music to my ears.

After the infamous declaration of our quote on quote 'feelings', we spent hours at the forest indulged in an exchange of never-ending kisses as the moon only bared witness. However, the moment was short-lived due to the unpleasantness of mosquito bites.

As a result, we went back to the hotel's lounge room where we were able to find a secluded spot near a fireplace. We ended up cuddling on the couch while enjoying each other's company in a moment of quietness.

"You're not supposed to laugh, it's embarrassing," I tell him in full desperation and his laughter subsides before he bores his breathtaking eyes into mine.

As I'm nestled in his chest while his arm is wrapped around my shoulders, it's safe to say the distance between us is non-existent.

With the way he's staring at me, I'm starting to understand what the whole experience of love is all about. Seeing him gazing into my eyes in such adoration is going to take me a lot of time — perhaps years to get used to.

In a delicate motion, he brings his thumb into contact with my cheek before offering it tender rubs — the gesture automatically sending quivers all over my skin. "I like seeing you squirm, it's adorable."

Thereafter, he cups my cheeks and gently brushes his lips with mine before I can speak thereby increasing the sudden rush of euphoria within.

Who needs to be intoxicated when they're already intoxicated in love?

The kiss only lasts a few seconds before he rests his forehead on mine, a habit he's picked up from the beginning of the semester.

We remain in the same position for some time as we allow silence to reign.

It's currently past three a.m. meaning the room is deserted which gives us the opportunity to experience this moment in full privacy and intimacy.

"So now that we're — you know, a thing. . ." I fail to finish my sentence as soon as a smirk curves his lips, making me regret ever speaking.

He gently interlocks our fingers and I can't help but think of how they perfectly fit. "By a thing you mean. . ."

The fact that he doesn't have to put much of an effort to summon the shy two year old in me is unfathomable.

"I mean, now that we're together. . ." The smirk on his face turns into an effortless smile and I'll never admit to him of how much he looks like a heartthrob doing that.

"Define together." Once the words escape him, I retract from his hold before cocking an eyebrow. "You're enjoying this way too much. You just want me to say that you're my man, don't you?"

His eyes glisten in amusement before he examines our intertwined hands. "Hey, you said it not me."

In a moment of frustration, I attempt to pull away but to no avail because he squeezes my hand.

"Why do I feel like I'm the only one who makes the most declarations in the relationship?" I query in annoyance and he slightly furrows his eyebrows as a result and says, "What do you mean?"

He loosens his grip which gives me the opportunity to retract my hand from his to comb my tresses.

Pursing my lips, I diverge my gaze from his to the roaring flames of the fireplace. "I basically poured my heart out to you yesterday by expressing how much I loved you and all you did was mix the word terrible with the word love when you made your declaration to me."