[ 38 ] The End

[ A N N O U N C E M E N T ]

please read the author's note at the end of the chapter.

Also quick shoutout to dawlight for being such an amazing support and for writing the amazing story "Sad to say". Y'all should check out the story on her bio.

➴ ➵ ➴ ➵ ➴ ➵

• C H A P T E R 

T H I R T Y E I G H T •

P a r t o n e

If I have one word to describe the entire semester as a senior in Roosevelt High, it'd be unpredictable.

Initially, I came to this school expecting the worst and I was hoping to get through the term peacefully with my friends by my side.

However, the opposite occurred, in other words, unprecedented events and beyond. 

The one person that I hated the most in the beginning was Dean. However, he turned out to be my rock towards the end of the semester which just goes to prove how life works in mysterious ways.

Furthermore, the comrades whom I thought I would still be friends with today are no longer a part of my inner circle but I guess people change.

Growing up with childhood friends only to go your separate ways by the time you get older is part of life.

One needs to learn to stand on their own without expecting anything in return from anyone.

These words have always been imprinted in my mind subconsciously and yet, I just never expected them to resonate with me more during this particular period of my life.

As I shift my gaze to those who are sat to my right on the bleachers of the gymnasium, I can't help but smile in appreciation for having such amazing individuals whom I'm blessed to call friends.

Evangelina and Samira both wear the same look of apprehension on their faces as they're intensely observing the players of Redhawks who are currently indulged in their final match of the semester against the Indestructibles of Drummond High.

The Indestructibles are notorious for being one of the best high school basketball teams in California. Indeed, their strategic handling of the ball can be compared to that of NBA players.

Hence, it is of no surprise that the majority have been offered a scholarship at UCLA.

"RED-HAWKS, RED-HAWKS, RED-HAWKS!"

I don't think Rosevelt students have cheered and chanted in such intensity as much as they're doing now for their support of our school's basketball team.

This is it.

The pivotal match that Redhawks have been training months for. The match that would be remembered by many in years to come.

All players have been consistently racing from opposite sides of the court as the majority have had the opportunity to showcase their offense or defense techniques very well rendering the match very competitive.

Throughout the game, I've constantly been tracking Dean's figure as him along Anthony and Lance have mainly scored the major points of the game. 

They've mostly been in possession of the ball for the past minutes as a desperate attempt to shoot the ball into their opponent's basket.

And they have every reason to do so.