Hands

As soon as I was dressed and out the door, walking with Hange toward headquarters, the interrogation began.

"Okay, (F/N). Spill." Hange glanced over at me as we walked side by side, her eyebrows raised and her eyes lit with excitement behind her glasses. "Tell me everything."

I tried to play innocent first, just to see if she really knew something had happened between Levi and I, or if she was just guessing. I lifted one of my shoulders in a slight shrug. "I left the banquet because I needed some air, and then I was upset about something I overheard, and Levi came to make sure I was alright. That's all that happened."

She shot me a glare and elbowed me in the side hard, making me let out a little yelp of pain. "Shut up. I know that's not all that happened. The two of you looked pretty flustered and out of breath when I found you."

I rolled my eyes and cursed quietly under my breath. Damn it. I couldn't evade her questioning. I might as well just tell her what had happened the night of the banquet. However, I'd leave out the details of our own private after party that had followed. I sighed. "Fine. Levi found me, I was upset, we talked a little bit, and then he kissed me." I glanced over at her, trying to conjure a look of annoyance on my face. Actually, it felt nice to tell someone what had happened. "Good enough?"

Hange stepped out in front of me and took me by the shoulders, stopping me in my tracks. Her eyes were wide. "Wait, wait, wait. Rivaille, Captain stone-cold, the man of no emotions, who likes no one in particular, actually kissed you?" Her voice was laced with disbelief, even though just seconds earlier she had been hinting at just that.

I couldn't help it. I let a sly grin slide over my lips and then said smugly, "That's the one."

Hange gasped loudly and released her hold on me, waving her hands wildly in front of her as if she didn't know what to do with all of her excitement, and was letting it out in nonsensical movements. "Holy hell! I can't believe it!" Her voice was shrill with frenzy as she grabbed my arms again and screeched, "I knew it! I knew he liked you all along!" She hugged me to her and then shoved me away again just as quickly, her eyes lighting up again as she asked breathlessly, "How was it?"

With a wince, I pried her fingers from my arms one by one, red marks left behind on the skin from her tight grip, and held her away from me a bit, meeting her gaze with a slight smile on my lips before saying, "If I'm being totally honest, Hange, it was probably the best damn thing I've ever experienced."

Hange's eyes widened again and she wriggled in my hold as excitement took over her face and voice again. "Damn it, (F/N)! This is amazing. You should have told me sooner!"

Just then, Levi walked past us, my hands still holding Hange away from me, her face still alight with thrillful disbelief.

He glanced over at us as he passed and said in an annoyed tone, "Oi, you two. Whatever the hell you're doing can wait till later. If we're late to this meeting, Erwin will give us a lecture, and I'd rather not sit around for an hour listening to him complain when I could be out disciplining brats."

I dropped my hands from Hange's arms, releasing her, and rolled my eyes, shooting her a look as I muttered under my breath, "Just a ray of sunshine like usual, isn't he?"

Hange grinned at me and then glanced over her shoulder at Levi's retreating form. She returned her gaze to me, her eyebrow raised suggestively as she said teasingly, "What? That magical kiss didn't suddenly make you guys best friends?"

I shoved past her. "Shut up. I admitted he's a hell of a good kisser, but that doesn't mean he suddenly has a great personality to match." She trotted to catch up to me as I strode after Levi toward headquarters. I glanced over at her. "I can enjoy kissing him, but still hate his guts, right?"