2. Tony picks a sick Peter up from school

(Short summary: Peter had been ill for almost a week and still going to school. When things are at their worst, Tony has to come and pick his ill kid up only to discover the injuries he has been hiding.)

"Honey!" May called while knocking at Peters bedroom door. "You're gonna be late for school!"

Peter grunted and buried his head in one of his pillows. All week he's been having trouble sleeping and felt a slight fever, but today was the worst. On yesterday's patrol he had gotten himself injured while falling from a building because he had passed out from his illness leaving him to his fall.

"Coming..." he snored and managed to pull himself up in a sitting position on the bed with his arms. He tried to get a look on he bruises over his shoulder. They were really bad.

Big, black marks had inked themselves into his pale skin. He could feel the pain in his back chest while breathing. But he couldn't miss school today, they were going to have a chem lad in which Peter has studied for for a long time.

Peter stood up and carefully put on an Ironman t-shirt he'd gotten from Tony as a "You did good" present after the Vulture.
Not much of a gift from a billionaire, but to Peter, the t-shirt was everything.
It reminded him to continue fight. And that was exactly what he was gonna do.
He was gonna continue fighting this illness and the bruises till he felt like himself again.

Peter put on his jeans and took his bag on his left shoulder as he walked out of his room.
May got her eyes on him from the kitchen.
"Hey kid, sleep well?" She asked and took a sip from her coffee.
Peter just nodded in response and took a seat across from her on a chair by the island.

"The business trip, you remember?" She asked and put the cup down on the island, looking Peter in the eyes.

"Yeah." He answered and poured milk in the bowl that she had placed for him.

"Well, they needed me for an extra day, so it turns out I'll be gone for three days instead." She continued as Peter put cereal in the bowl.
"I've spoken to Tony and he said you were very welcome to stay with him and Pepper."

Peters eyes would've lighten up if not for the pain pounding in his back.
He wasn't surprised that May didn't notice, due to his increased healing from the spider bite, he looked better than he was.

"I think I'd prefer just hanging out here." Peter answered with a fake smile.

"Alright, but don't hesitate to call him if you need anything." May picked her handbag up and kissed Peter on his forehead. "Don't get in trouble, larb you." She whispered and went out the door, hearing Peter saying "Larb you too" before she closed it behind her.

Peter looked at the clock hanging on the wall over the couch.
'Shit' he thought and ate the last of the cereal in his bowl.

"Hey, Peter!" Ned called for across the hallway filled with other students.
Peter closed his locker and looked back at him.
"So, I heard you have the apartment for yourself, and I have a new LEGO set that needs to be built. Whatcha say? Tonight?" Ned rambled fast.
Too fast for Peter to catch up on.

His brain felt slow and suddenly the world was spinning around him. It made him feel like he was floating in water. Ned started to look like he was melting in Peter eyes.

"Hey... Are you okay?" Ned asked, noticing the sudden change in Peters face. "Are you gonna throw up?"

Peter shaked his head and pushed his forehead against his locker, squeezing his eyes till they hurt.

"Dude. You need to go home and sip some noodle soup.." Ned said, trying not to gain attention from everyone else in the hallway.

Ned put a hand on Peters hurt shoulder.
Peter pulled back immediately and closed his teeth and inhaling fast.
He let out a sound of agony and his face looked all but okay.