12. A worthy Peter

Short summary: Peter goes something incredible in front of the avengers...

Omg, thank you sooo sooo much for 300+ reads!!!!? Honestly I don't personally think my writing is that good and I apologize for it..🤡

The common room in the compound was occupied by the mightiest of heroes, the exact people that Peter spent his childhood watching on the News, in school and even one time when the Tony Stark had saved him when he was very little.

But time passed, and Peters life changed when he went to that Oscorp field trip with school and got bitten by that spider. He had been sick to death for days but now that he knows the outcome, he could not be more happy that the spider bit him.

Because of it, he had gotten a family. A family that filled all of the empty spots that he missed in life except for aunt May.
Her too, had gotten a family of brothers and sisters.

But Peter had gotten a father. Well, not a 'father father', but someone that would be able to fill that spot - someone whom actually wanted to too.

There was drinks consisting of only god knows what on the table, together with bawls of popcorn and chips.
Tony had specifically bought soda for Peter since he's a minor, but he would never ever buy Peter alcohol anyways.

There was music in the background, not at a very high volume except for in Peters ears, since he's got the strengthen senses going on.

They all sat on couches around the squared and low table filled with the snacks and drinks. Everybody was having a good time.
Even Steve and Tony laughed together and that was a big improvement since civil war.

Peter sat squeezed in between Natasha and Clint.
The happy heroes laughs was silenced by a slightly drunk Clint:

"Okay.. Okay.." He hushed and got everyone to look at him, waiting to hear something funny that they could laugh at. But since everyone had drunken so much, it wasn't going to be very hard.
Peter felt like he was the only older person in a group of small children.

"Do you remember," he started and sat down his bottle on the table, "when we fought the aliens in New York?".
Everybody nodded and smiled, even Thor and Tony let out small giggles.

"I actually-" Clint stopped as he tried catching his breath from laughing at his own joke, "I actually tried picking Thor's hammer up!"

Everybody laughed out and Peter had no idea what was going on. Why was that so funny?

Thor shook his head and looked at his hammer that he had placed on the table beside the popcorn.

"What? What do you mean guys?!" Peter asked but was ignored due to the laugh filling the building. Not even Tony noticed him as he almost squeezed his eyes out and clapped on the table with a hand as he tried getting air into his chest again from all the laughing.

Peter shook his head and stood up, only Natasha and Clint beside him noticed.

Peter reached out his hand to the hammer at the table and picked it up gently.

"What's so fun about this?"

The room was then silenced and instead of pure happiness there was a vibe in the air that felt intense.

Tony looked at Peter, he was almost going to say something but then stopped himself and watched the view.

There he was, the kid from queen that hadn't barely kissed a girl yet, holding one of the strongest weapons in the universe that was worthy for only a god. (This is my story guyssss...)

Thors eyes was wide open, his eyes moving from the hammer to Peters questionable face, Peter, hammer, Peter, hammer...

Natasha and Clint moved their heads to look at each others expressions, but there wasn't much to say that hadn't already been said.

"Guys..?" Peter whispered to not disturb the silence. He put down the hammer slowly and raised his arms in defense: "Did I do something wrong? I could totally go back to my room if tha-"

"You did nothing wrong, Peter." Tony said and smiled at him proudly. It looked as if his face lit up and he had just gotten to witness a miracle work of God.
"In fact," Tony stood from the couch and put a hand on his heart while the other one reached one of Peters shoulders, "I hereby," Tony moved his hand to Peters other shoulder, "make you and Avenger."

Peter opened his mouth, he put his hands on his forehead in excitement and turned around to everyone at the table that met him with a graced smile.

"Can I," Peters voice was cracky, he pointed a thump behind him to his bedroom, Tony knew exactly what he meant and nodded, still smiling so that his face was all wrinkly.

Peter turned around and walked with quick and excited steps into his bedroom and closed the door.
He picked up his phone from his pocket and pressed the button that said "Call Ned".

This is just a little something I wrote because I thought it would be pretty cute.
Hope you liked it!